This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
Easy sauteed brussels sprouts and bacon recipe thats is a perfect side dish for any family celebrations, Thanksgiving or a simple healthy weeknight dinner option.
Classic and delicious side dish for your Christmas or Thanksgiving table! We like to make it in the summer too, when brussels sprouts are in season and so healthy and ripe. Bacon is a great addition to any meal, thats not a secret. When you combine this two amazing flavors together you get the side dish to die for!
How to make sauteed brussels sprouts with bacon
I didn’t use and maple syrup or balsamic, but you easily add it in the step where we are are sauteing brussels sprouts in the pan. It will add extra flavor and sweetness. As for me, i like flavors to be fresh and crisp that’s why i don’t add any additional ingredients. Anyways, here is how i cook it:
- Trim brussels sprouts and place them in to the boiling salted water. Boil over medium heat for about 5 minutes, until easily poked with the fork.
- Meanwhile chop the bacon in about 1 inch pieces and saute until crisp. Scoop the bacon pieces out. Drain most of the fat and add drained brussels sprouts to the pan. Saute until sprouts are browned. In this step add maple syrup or balsamic vinegar and saute together for couple minutes ( if using).
- Once cooked, transfer to the serving plate and sprinkle with crispy bacon.
Main Dishes these brussels sprouts will be great with:
Other side dish recipes readers love!
- Sauteed green beans
- Instant Pot collard greens
- Creamed corn recipe
- Air fryer asparagus
- Instant pot mashed butternut squash
Easy brussels sprouts with bacon
- 2 lb brussels sprouts trimmed
- 4 slices bacon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt optional
- Boil brussels sprouts in a large pot until fork tender, about 5 minutes. Meanwhile chop bacon into about 1 inch slices and saute them on the pan until browned and crisp. Scoop them out and plce on a paper towel. Leave only about 2 tablespoon of bacon grease in the pan.
- Drain brussels sprouts. Add thm to the pan and saute until slightly browned.
- Transfer to the serving dish and top with crispy bacon.
Nutrition information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. This information comes from online calculators.