Healthy fresh green beans sauteed on the skillet with garlic and butter recipe! This easy stovetop dish will become your favorite side dish at Thanksgiving, Christmas or any other family dinner. Quick and kid friendly.
Delicious crunchy green beans sauteed with garlic and butter! Sound yummy even for my kids who dint usualy like green beans. The recipe is very easy to follow and i have step by step photos of the cooking process too.
How long do you boil green beans
If you use my method of cooking green beans, try to boil them first in a big pot of water for 5 minutes. then quickly drain them and transfer to the skillet for a quick saute. Green beans are not taking too long to cook, its very easy to make them too soft and mushy. So watch your time closely!
This side dish recipe will be one of the easiest on my site. Quick note: trimming green beans takes actually more time then cooking them!
Butter garlic sauteed green beans
For best results use fresh garlic. Just mince it and add when the butter is hot for the best flavor. I dont like using premade minced garlic sold in most stores, it feels like cheating for me.
I used unsalted butter, this way use can see how much salt you put yourself. But of course its optional.
More side dishes to try:
- Sauteed vegetables
- Brussels sprouts and bacon recipe
- Instant pot mashed butternut squash
- Instant Pot collard greens with bacon
- Creamed corn recipe
Buttery garlic green beans
- 1 lb fresh green beans trimmed
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 cloves garlic
- pinch of salt and pepper
- Place green beans in to the large skillet. Cover them with water and let cook over medium heat for about 5 minutes.
- Drain. Add butter to the skillet and cook, stirring for about 3 minutes. Stir in garlic and sautee for 1 minute. Done!