This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
Brown sugar crock pot maple glazed bone in ham cooked with pineapple juice will be a fantastic option for your Thanksgiving, Christmas or weekend dinner.
Cooking ham in a crock pot is easy. Glazed ham is an amazing dinner for the whole family! But what if you are hosting a Thanksgiving or Easter dinner for a lot of people? Make some turkey too. This TURKEY-HAM duo brings so much comfort in to the house!
I am not a big fan of spiral ham but i wanted to try cooking it in my slow cooker. I prefer bone in ham, i think its juicy and more tender. Plus you can have an awesome ham bone soup after! The soup with the ham bone is so delicious and full of flavor. You can freeze the leftover ham bone and cook something with it later. It freezes well up to 6 months.
How do you make crock pot ham
This is a very easy dump and start recipe for ham, that will cook by itself. Start with picking the ham that actually will fit in your slow cooker. I made a mistake and purchased an 8 1/2 lb ham that didnt fit into my 8 quart slow cooker. So what i did is i closed the lid and covered open spaces with foil so the steam cant escape and the ham will cook properly.
For 8 quart slow cooker i recommend a 6 lb ham. It will guarantee the lid will close all the way. Here is the list of ingredients for this slow cooker ham recipe, lets see:
- spiral ham
- maple syrup. Use only a pure maple syrup, not the pancake flavored thing they sell in stores
- pineapple juice. I used a juice from a canned pineapple, using boxed juice is also an option
- Brown sugar. Light packed brown sugar will be great
- Fresh herbs. I grow rosemary in a big pot on my backyard.
How to cook a spiral ham without drying it out
First you don’t want to overcook it. Cooking for too long will dry the meat out.
Second, pour juices in between the spiral ham slices right before cooking and after. That will help keep the moisture in.
What to serve with glazed ham
- Creamed corn recipe
- Sauteed green beans
- Brussels sprouts and bacon recipe
- Instant Pot mashed sweet potatoes
- Sauteed vegetables
Hope this recipe will help you learn how to cook a spiral ham in a crock pot. So easy!
Slow cooker glazed ham
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 6 lb spiral cut ham
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- fresh rosemary strings
- Place ham in the slow cooker. Mix brown sugar, aple syrup and pineapple juice in a small bowl and pour over the ham. Place rosemary on top. Close the lid and cook on low for 3 hours.
Nutrition information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. This information comes from online calculators.