Delicious juicy instant pot turkey legs cooked in no time! Easy recipe for your pressure cooker, you will love it!
For weight watchers points: myWW green plan 4 points, blue plan 4 points, purple 4 points ( all calculations are done by adding ingredients to Weight watchers app calculator). Points are per serving.
Cooking turkey in pressure cooker
We can cook so many dishes quick and easy all at once- thanks to Instant Pot.
When it comes to turkey, well, not everybody loves to cook a whole turkey! Try my another turkey recipe- Instant Pot turkey breast. Instant pot makes the breast juicy and tender, add some mashed potatoes and call it a perfect Thanksgiving dinner.
Or maybe you want just a instant pot turkey recipe for two ?
Here is an idea, guys. Grab your Instant Pot, two turkey drumsticks , count 22 minutes and voila! The holiday dinner ( or any weeknight dinner) is ready! So easy and flavorful, add mashed potatoes and some steamed vegetables for a full meal and enjoy!
How to cook Turkey legs (drumsticks) in the instant pot.
Step1. First you need to get two nice big turkey legs, i used drumsticks. Marinating is not really required because legs are not getting dry really.
Step2. Place them in to your Instant Pot. They will fit nicely in the 6 qt or 8 qt pressure cooker.
Step3. Add about 1 cup of water with chopped celery sticks, onions, carrots if preferred, herbs and salt and pepper. Bay leave will be great too but i just didn’t have any in a pantry.
Step4. Cook on manual for 22 minutes ( high pressure) and quick release . The smell will be amazing!
Step5. Take turkey drumsticks out. Mix cornstarch with some water. Add to the pot and cook on Saute for about 5-10 minutes, until thick enough.
Meanwhile, if you prefer some crusty skin and golden color, broil turkey legs for about 5 minutes in your oven . It will make your dish look much more comforting! Crusty skin and juicy meat!
Just look at that! How crispy and yummy! Ready to serve!
Pressure cooker in general is a fantastic tool for quick and flavorful meals.
More instant pot recipes readers love!
- Instant pot polenta so creamy and no constant stirring required
- Instant Pot soup Vegetable beef soup my most popular recipe on the blog, and for the good reason
- Caldo de Res in Instant Pot popular Mexican soup, delicious!
- Instant Pot pasta dump and start recipe!
- Tri tip instant pot
- Instant pot beef tongue
Turkey and chicken are a great source of protein, make sure to try my air fryer whole chicken recipe as well!
My kids enjoy all of these recipes, but they have their favorite. Make sure to check out my collection of Kid friendly instant pot recipes!
Instant Pot turkey legs with gravy
- 2 turkey drumsticks
- 1/2 onion
- 3 celery stalks
- 3 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 cup water ( plus 2 tbspn water)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- pinch of salt and pepper
- Place drumsticks in to the pot, add cup of water, chopped celery and onion, spices, salt and pepper and close and lock the lid.
- Set on 22 minutes MANUAL. Quick release once its done.
- Take legs out and turn on SAUTE mode. Separately mix cornstarch with 2 tablespoon of water. Add it to your pot broth. Cook for about 5-10 minutes stirring. Gravy is ready!
- Serve with your favorite side dish.
Nutrition information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. This information comes from online calculators.