This post may contain affiliate links.
Easy delicious side dish for you pressure cooker- Instant pot warm spiced mashed butternut squash. Great for holidays and for a weeknight quick dinner side option. Vegetarian, sweet and comforting!
For weight watchers points: myWW green plan 3 points, blue plan 3 points, purple 3 points ( all calculations are done by adding ingredients to Weight watchers app calculator). Points are per serving.
Hope you already tried my Instant Pot butternut squash soup, it was a bomb! I love love love butternut squash and i am getting excited when i get a chance to try a new recipe.
I always wanted to make mashed butternut squash, with some butter and warm fall spices.
How to make Instant pot mashed butternut squash
Of course the first thing you need to do is to peel your squash. I tried to use a potato peeler but it didn’t work very well. So i switched to a regular sharp knife.Be very careful and don’t cut yourself, the knife can slip.
- Cut the butternut squash in half and then scoop the seeds out. I used my fingers for this task, its the easiest way!
- Peel it using the knife.
- Cut it in about 1 inch chunks and place in to your Pressure cooker
- Add one cup of water and cook on high pressure for 12 minutes.
- Once done drain it and season with salt, ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg ( all the fall spices you can find in your pantry!)
- Mash with butter and cream. Full recipe below!
This dish will be a perfect side dish for your Thanksgiving ( check my Instant pot Thanksgiving recipes) or Christmas table. Butternut squash is available all year around so you can also enjoy this at any time you want.
Other Instant Pot recipes readers love:
- Pressure cooker beef barley soup
- Instant Pot collard greens
- Instant Pot turkey legs
- Instant Pot beef stroganoff
This recipe is part of my collection of Healthy Instant pot recipes. Check it out!
Instant pot mashed butternut squash
- 1 butternut squash medium size
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup cream half and half will work too
- 1 tbspn butter unsalted
- 2 tbspn brown sugar (optional, not recommend in WW!)
- 1/2 tspn salt
- 1/2 tspn ground ginger
- 1/2 tspn ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tspn ground nutmeg
- Peel butternut squash and cut into 1 inch chunks
- Put it into your pressure cooker, with water and 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- Close the lid and set on MANUAL HIGH PRESSURE for 12 minutes. Once cooked, Quick release
- Drain butternut squash and mash using the masher with spices, butter and cream. Add sugar if using.
Tools used in this recipe
Nutrition information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. This information comes from online calculators.