Creamy Alfredo pasta fettuccine noodles made in your instant pot is a simple dinner recipe for your whole family to enjoy! Ready in under 20 minutes and this creamy Parmesan sauce is just perfect!
Amazing simple pasta dish, ready in no time in your pressure cooker. Once you try it , you will prefer this method over the stove top made pasta. More Instant pot pasta recipes:
- Instant pot chicken lo mein noodles
- Quick and easy Instant Pot beef stroganoff
- Instant Pot spaghetti and meatballs
How do you cook dump and start pasta in Instant Pot?
Its easier then you think. Basically all you will need is some base liquid, and pasta that you are planning on cooking.
Follow my step by step instructions for a perfect Alfredo pasta in your instant pot.
If you decided to go with longer pasta noodles, make sure to submerge them as much as possible in to the liquid. Dont stir though, or you will get a great chance of getting a BURN message ( noodles will get stuck to the bottom).
On the picture above you can see that all the noodles are submerged in cream. Perfect!
Its easier to work with small size noodles or just a different kind of pasta. Going to try it with penne next time!
Once the cooking process is over, naturally release the pressure for about 5 minutes and then quick release. Carefully open the lid stir the noodles. If some noodles are stuck together, you can easily stir them with the fork to help. Once all the noodle are nice and separated, its time to add Parmesan cheese.
I use Parmesan cheese from Costco, and then just grate it myself, very easy and tastes much better ( as you may know that there is some wood in your shredded cheeses, google it ).
Look at this gorgeous bite! This Alfredo made in your instant pot is just so easy to make, its hard to believe. All in one pot, almost no dishes to wash!
I like to sprinkle my pressure cooker pasta with some chopped green onions or chives and enjoy with the family for a weeknight dinner.
Other instant pot recipes readers love!
- Beef and vegetable soup in Instant Pot -true comfort food!
- Instant Pot Cornish hen with potatoes
- Instant Pot turkey legs with gravy
- Fantastic Instant Pot infused water recipes
- Best kid friendly Instant Pot recipes
Follow me with my instant pot journey by adding this instant pot recipes to your bookmarks. That is a category post, that i constantly update with new recipes!
Instant pot alfredo pasta
- 1 1/2 cup half and half
- 1 1/2 cup broth i used chicken but you can use vegetarian or beef as well
- 1/2 lb fettuchine noodles
- 1 cup parmesan cheese*
- 2 tspn chopped or minced garlilc
- salt and pepper to taste*
- Add broth, cream and garlic in to the pot. Place noodles(break in half), make sure then most of the noodles are covered in liquid. Dont stir( You dont want pasta noodles to get stuck on the bottom)
- Close and lock the lid. Cook on high pressure for 7 minutes. Let naturally release for 5 minutes and the quick release (be careful because the cream may start coming out from the valve, just have a towel close by)
- Open the lid and separate stuck noodles with a fork. Stir well. Add Parmesan and stir again
- Add some chopped chives or green onions. Serve.
Nutrition information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. This information comes from online calculators.