Lovely Rotisserie style Cornish hen with potatoes dinner made in your instant pot. Cooked to perfection in under 30 minutes!
Did you try Cornish hens before? They a those little birds that taste exactly like chicken. Just much smaller.
I also have a beautiful recipe for Cornish hen ramen in Instant Pot, did you try it?
Cornish hen recipe for Instant pot
Look at this picture (above), cornish hen looks so tiny compare to a big white sweet onion! Isn’t this funny?
I like to buy my cornish hens in Costco, The sell them for a very very reasonable price (about 18$ for 6 cornish hens from what i remember).
Needless to say i have an extra freezer in the garage, otherwise i would never fit in in my kitchen fridge:)
Can i cook frozen cornish hens?
Absolutely! I would just add extra 4 minutes under the high pressure in you pressure cooker.
I also have a beautiful rotisserie cornish hen option if you also own an air fryer. Check it out!
Blend of spices i used here:
- freshly ground black pepper
- pink salt
- garlic powder
Also check out these Best Instant Pot Accessories that Everyone Should Have.
Instant pot cornish hen with potatoes
- 1 cornish hen
- 1 onion
- 5-7 medium size potatoes
- 1/8 tspn dried rosemary
- 1/8 tspn dried thyme
- 1/3 tspn garlic powder
- 1 cup chicken broth or water
- Peel and cut potatoes in half. Cut onion in half. Add to the pot
- Rub Cornish hen with a mix of spices and add on top of the veggies.
- Add chicken broth or water. Close and lock the lid. Set the timer to 18 minutes. Quick release when done.
- Carefully transfer Cornish hen to the oven safe pan, turn the broiler on and let is sit under the broiler for 5 minutes, until the skin is brown and crispy.
- Serve with potatoes and desired side dish.
PIN ME FOR LATER!