Thick, delicious and absolutely comforting old fashioned beef and vegetable soup in Instant pot will comfort you on a cold day! Almost as thick as a stew! Weight watchers 6 smart points per serving.
For this delicious soup i want to thank a pressure cooker i have- an Instant Pot! So quick, and the meat is so tender, like it was cooked for hours, but in fact it was just 20 minutes!
Cooked to perfection- a comforting treat for you and your family on a cold day. I wish it was snowy here, in North California! The closest snow destination for us is Lake Tahoe, about 3-4 hours away. I love that place!
The flavors of this beef and vegetable soup are so comforting. Tender juicy meat bites, delicious veggies and the main part is the broth! Rich, flavorful, amazing!
Where do we buy beef
There are a lot of places to buy meat around us. A lot of farms, where the owners offers you a large variety of fresh beef.
You can even buy a half of a cow and share it between friends. So much cheaper!
Sometimes we buy meat at Costco. Not same quality as fresh farmed, but hey, so much more affordable! I like to buy in bulk, and then freeze everything in small batches- very handy.
When its a cooking day, just get the batch out and defrost it at once. No extra work required!
Lately i started to use Butcherbox for my meat purchases. They actually have a deal right now, get 2 FREE Filet Mignons, Bacon & $10 off your first box. Pretty amazing and good value.
Instant Pot is an amazing tool for any soup lover. Really! The possibilities are endless.
Freezer meal option
This beef and vegetable stew is easy to make your go to dump freezer meal. Just cut all the ingredients, cube meat (leave aside water, broth and tomato paste, you will add it later).
Add them to a gallon size zip lock bag and freeze trying to leave it standing in the freezer. If you will lay the bag flat, it will be a bit complicated to dump it into your Instant Pot because it simply will not it.
Once all the ingredients are in the pot, add liquid and cook on SOUP setting for 23 minutes (6 minutes longer then if not from frozen).
My kids love all kinds of dishes that i cook in my Pressure cooker. But they have their favorite- Best kid friendly Instant Pot recipes!
More instant pot recipe readers love!
- Caldo de Res in Instant Pot-Mexican beef soup
- Instant Pot 15 bean and Sausage soup-super affordable!
- Instant Pot turkey legs with gravy
- Instant Pot Fettuccine Alfredo pasta-dump and start!
- Instant pot pork roast and potatoes
- Fantastic Instant Pot infused water recipes
Visit my Instant Pot recipes page for more instant pot inspiration! I have 50+ recipes!
Old fashioned beef and vegetable soup in Instant Pot
- 1 lb beef stew meat (cut in 1/2 inch pieces)
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 6-8 oz cremini mushrooms sliced
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 cup dry red wine
- 4 cups broth (beef, veggie or chicken)
- 2 cups water
- 1 lb potatoes peeled and cut into 3/4 inch pieces
- 3 carrots peeled and cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 3 celery ribs cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- Turn the saute button on your Instant Pot. Heat 1tbspn of oil until just smoking. Brown the meat and transfer in to a different bowl .
- In the empty pot heat the rest of the oil and saute mushrooms with onions for 5 minutes. Stir in tomato paste, thyme and garlic and cook for additional 30 seconds. Whisk wine scraping up browned bits, then stir in stock, water, potatoes, carrots, celery and beef.
- Lock the Instant Pot lid, push on SOUP button and adjust to 17 minutes.
- Naturally release the pressure.
- Before serving sprinkle some chopped cilantro on top.
© 2018 BerryMaple. All rights reserved. All images & content are copyright protected.
PIN IT 🙂