This post may contain affiliate links.
Delicious dump and start instant pot cabbage soup with ground turkey is so easy to make. It tastes just like cabbage roll but in the soup form!
The soup is loaded with turkey and vegetables, making it so healthy and low fat too! If you love cabbage rolls but don’t have time to make them, try to make this instant pot cabbage roll soup with turkey. No wrapping meat in cabbage leaves, the most time consuming part of the traditional recipe. Just make it as soup with all the same warming flavors.
in Russia this type of soup we call “ lazy cabbage rolls”. All you need to do is just to dump the ingredients in the pot and cook. Browning meat and onions is optional.
Can i use another type of meat
Absolutely! Try it with ground pork, beef or chicken. Recipe adapts well to any kind of meat and tastes great too. I like to keep it on a light side with turkey. My other favorite is a mix of ground beef and chicken.
How to make cabbage soup with turkey in instant pot
The recipe is very easy and pretty much dump and start. Follow this steps:
- Heat oil in the pressure cooker inner pot. Add chopped onions and cook until fragrant. Add turkey and cook for about 5 minutes, until well browned.
- Add remaining ingredients, give it a stir and close and lock the lid. Cook on High Pressure.
- Once done, stir and serve with sliced avocado on top, sour cream and chopped cilantro.
Can i freeze it
Yes. I like to use freezer friendly plastic bags. Pour desired amount of soup in to the bag, try to push out most of the remaining air and freeze. Lay it flat in the freezer to safe the space or just freeze soup in a random shape. Reheat right in Instant pot on SAUTE or on the stove in the regular pot. Freeze for up to 3 months.
How to make cabbage roll soup on the stove
Making cabbage soup with ground turkey on the stove is similar to pressure cooking. Saute onions with oil for couple minutes and then add turkey.
Brown turkey until no longer pink and add other ingredients. Cook on medium heat for about 25 minutes. Stir and serve.
How to make it in crock pot
You can also cook this soup on slow cooker:
Brown the turkey on the skillet. Its optional but this step will help breaking down the whole ground turkey piece and for extra flavor. Add additional ingredients, cover and cook on low for 6 hours. Stir in sour cream or half and half and serve
Instant Pot soups
Instant pot cabbage soup with ground turkey
- Heat oil in instant pot using SAUTE button. Add chopped onion and cook until fragrant, couple minutes. Add ground turkey and cook until no longer pink.
- Add all the remaining ingredients, stir and close and lock the lid. Set MANUAL to 10 minutes. Quick release the pressure.
- Open the lid carefully. Stir and add sour cream or heavy cream to taste. Garnish with avocado and chopped cilantro.
Tools used in this recipe
Nutrition information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. This information comes from online calculators.