This post may contain affiliate links.
Super delicious juicy egg noodles with melt in your mouth tender beef tips cooked in Instant pot. Very simple 5 ingredients recipe that makes a fantastic inexpensive meal.
I love cooking tough beef parts in pressure cooker. Its easy, its cheap and usually cooks pretty fast. Slice it for faster cooking or cut in just smaller chunks.
What is beef tips
What cut of beef is used in beef tips? It might surprise you but beef tips could be any types of tenderloin or stew meat like chuck or round top roast.
I used the round top beef roast, it was on sale and i scored it just for 3$ per pound. Good deal right? Chuck roast is my favorite though and i have a delicious Instant pot roast recipe with it on my blog.
How to make beef tips and noodles in instant pot
Here is your step by step tutorial of how to make pressure cooker beef tips and noodles.
- Start with chopping onion and heating oil in the inner pot using SAUTE button. Add onions to the pot and saute for couple minutes, until soft. This step is not necessary and if you are short in time just add onions along with the meat.
- Slice the meat. I prefer to slice it really thin. It helps with reducing cooking time and also with the flavor. Melt in your mouth tender beef tastes amazing.
- Add meat to the pot, spices and 2 cups of water. Get it a good stir and close the lid. Lock it and set time on MANUAL to 55 minutes. Use this time if the beef is sliced thin. If not, add another 20-25 minutes to make sure the meat will be tender. Once pressure cooked, let the instant pot to release the pressure naturally for at least 20 minutes.
- While the meat was cooking, make egg noodles according to the package directions. Drain with the ice cold water. This will prevent noodles from sticking together.
- Open the instant pot lid. Stir in cornstarch slurry. Add cream and stir again. So now you have two options, to add noodles and stir them together like i did, or serve beef over noodles in the bowl. Up to you!
Serve this pressure cooker beef tips and noodles in the bowl with sour cream and avocado. Add some chopped cilantro or scallions on top and enjoy!
I have to say that for this recipe i made a little bit more noodles than i wanted. I adjusted the recipe with the less amount. It was still absolutely amazing, but not as saucy as i wanted. Or you can just double the sauce by adding more water and double slurry. Up to you.
Instant pot beef tips and noodles
- 2 1/2 lb round top beef roast or beef chuck roast
- 1/2 onion chopped
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon beef bouillon
- 8 oz medium egg noodles
- Add oil into the inner pot. Add onions and push on SAUTE button. Cook them for couple minutes.
- Meanwhile thinly slice meat. You can totally slice it the way you want but i really like to keep pieces small. Add sliced beef to the pot. Add 2 cups of water and spices. Close and lock the lid. Push on MANUAL high pressure for 55 minutes. If the beef pieces are thick, then cook for 75 minutes. Nature release for at least 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile boil egg noddles how it says on the package. Drain.
- Make a slurry out of equal amount of cornstarch and cold water. Add to the pot and stir. Add cream and stir to combine. Carefully add noodles if desired or you can serve noodles separately.
Tools used in this recipe
Nutrition information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. This information comes from online calculators.