Delicious juicy instant pot turkey legs cooked in no time! Easy recipe for your pressure cooker, you will love it!
Cooking turkey in pressure cooker
We can cook so many dishes quick and easy all at once- thanks to Instant Pot and other Instant Pot accessories.
When it comes to turkey, well, not everybody loves to cook a whole turkey!
Or maybe you want just a turkey recipe for two ?
Here is an idea, guys. Grab your Instant Pot, two turkey drumsticks , count 22 minutes and voila! The holiday dinner ( or any weeknight dinner) is ready! So easy and flavorful, add mashed potatoes and some steamed vegetables for a full meal and enjoy!
How to cook Turkey legs (drumsticks) in the instant pot.
- First you need to get two nice big turkey legs, i used drumsticks. Marinating is not really required because legs are not getting dry really.
- Place them in to your Instant Pot
- Add about 1 cup of water with chopped celery sticks, onions, carrots if preferred, herbs and salt and pepper.
- Cook on manual for 22 minutes ( high pressure) and quick release . The smell will be amazing!
- Take turkey drumsticks out. Mix cornstarch with some water. Add to the pot and cook on Saute for about 5-10 minutes, until thick enough.
Meanwhile, if you prefer some crusty skin and golden color, broil turkey legs for about 5 minutes in your oven . It will make your dish look much more comforting!
Just look at that! How crispy and yummy! Ready to serve!
Pressure cooker in general is a fantastic tool for quick and flavorful meals.
Turkey legs in instant pot is not only a fantastic holiday or everyday dish, its an ultimate time saver!
Also check out these Best Instant Pot Accessories that Everyone Should Have.
More instant pot recipes readers love!
- Beef and vegetable soup in Instant Pot
- Caldo de Res in Instant Pot-popular Mexican soup, delicious!
- Instant Pot Fettuccine Alfredo pasta-dump and start recipe!
- Instant Pot corned beef and cabbage– great not only for st.Patrick’s day!
- Instant pot pork roast and potatoes
- Fantastic Instant Pot infused water recipes
My kids enjoy all of these recipes, but they have their favorite. Make sure to check out my collection of Kid friendly instant pot recipes!
Instant Pot turkey legs with gravy
- 2 turkey drumsticks
- 1/2 onion
- 3 celery stalks
- 3 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 cup water ( plus 2 tbspn water)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- pinch of salt and pepper
- Place drumsticks in to the pot, add cup of water, chopped celery and onion, spices, salt and pepper and close and lock the lid.
- Set on 22 minutes MANUAL. Quick release once its done.
- Take legs out and turn on SAUTE mode. Separately mix cornstarch with 2 tablespoon of water. Add it to your pot broth. Cook for about 5-10 minutes stirring. Gravy is ready!
- Serve with your favorite side dish.