Delicious juicy instant pot turkey legs cooked in no time! Easy (great for Christmas!) recipe for your pressure cooker, you will love it!
Holidays are right around the corner. What i love most about it is how much variety do we have nowadays!
Cooking turkey in pressure cooker
We can cook so many dishes quick and easy all at once- thanks to Instant Pot and other Instant Pot accessories.
When it comes to turkey, well, not everybody loves to cook a whole turkey!
Or maybe you want just a turkey recipe for two ?
Here is an idea, guys. Grab your Instant Pot, two turkey drumsticks , count 22 minutes and voila! The holiday dinner ( or any weeknight dinner) is ready! So easy and flavorful, add mashed potatoes and some steamed vegetables for a full meal and enjoy!
How to cook Turkey legs (drumsticks) in the instant pot.
- First you need to get two nice big turkey leg, i used drumsticks. Marinating is not really required because legs are not getting dry really.
- Place them in to your Instant Pot
- Add about 1 cup of water with chopped celery sticks, onions, carrots if preferred, herbs and salt and pepper.
- Cook on manual for 22 minutes ( high pressure) and quick release . The smell will be amazing!
- Take turkey drumsticks out. Mix cornstarch with some water. Add to the pot and cook on Saute for about 5-10 minutes, until thick enough.
Meanwhile, if you prefer some crusty skip and golden color, broil turkey legs for about 5 minutes in your oven . In will make your dish look much more comforting!
Just look at that! How crispy and yummy! Ready to serve!
Pressure cooker in general is a fantastic tool for quick and flavorful meals.
Turkey legs in instant pot is not only a fantastic holiday or everyday dish, its an ultimate time saver!
Get ready for your Christmas table with this Instant Pot Christmas recipes!
Also check out these Best Instant Pot Accessories that Everyone Should Have.
Instant Pot turkey legs with gravy
- 2 turkey drumsticks
- 1/2 onion
- 3 celery stalks
- 3 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 cup water ( plus 2 tbspn water)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- pinch of salt and pepper
- Place drumsticks in to the pot, add cup of water, chopped celery and onion, spices, salt and pepper and close and lock the lid.
- Set on 22 minutes MANUAL. Quick release once its done.
- Take legs out and turn on SAUTE mode. Separately mix cornstarch with 2 tablespoon of water. Add it to your pot broth. Cook for about 5-10 minutes stirring. Gravy is ready!
- Serve with your favorite side dish.