This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
You will love this delicious Instant pot maple glazed ham that is cooked in less then 30 minutes! Use a bone in or boneless piece and transform it in to the best easy centerpiece for your Christmas, Easter or just a weekend table!
For weight watchers points: myWW green plan 5 points, blue plan 5 points, purple 5 points ( all calculations are done by adding ingredients to Weight watchers app calculator). Points are per serving.
Cooking ham in pressure cooker is a very easy and beginner friendly task. All you will need is to just open the package with ham, place it in the pressure cooker, add some maple syrup or honey and press start.
What ham is best in pressure cooker?
I used a bone in piece of ham called Hickory Smoked Half Pork Picnic. It was a solid piece of ham not presliced. I didnt pick a spiral cut ham for only one reason- i like to cut leftovers in big chucks and use them in my leftover ham bone soup. Spiral cut ham is used in this slow cooker ham recipe, if you prefer.
What size of ham fits Instant pot?
I own a 8 qt instant pot and i was able to easily fit a 5,6 lb ham. I even had some space left on the sides so possibly a 6-7 lb ham will fit too.
The picture above shows that there is some space left in the inner pot. I used a trivet so ham doesnt touch the broth, but its not that important. If your piece of meat doesn’t fit just take the trivet out. Trust me, the ham will be just fine.
Different cooking options for this recipe:
- Instead of broth you can use water. Pineapple juice would be great too!
- Glaze ham with maple syrup or with honey! They both fit the recipe perfectly and create a fantastic taste
- If you like your ham more sweet, add 2 tablespoon of brown sugar to maple syrup or honey (if using)
- Add a fresh string of rosemary if you have. It will add warming, festive aroma to your dish.
When you cook a ham in instant pot you need to remember that its already fully cooked. You basically just warming it up and adding more flavor. Thats why i only cook it under the pressure for 12 minutes. Its just enough to warm it all the way and don’t dry it out.
More great recipes to complete your meal
- Collard greens with bacon
- Pressure cooker sweet potatoes
- Eggplant and tomato salad
- Easy air fryer asparagus
Instant pot maple glazed ham
- 1 6lb ham
- 3 tablespoon maple syrup or honey
- 1 cup water or broth or pineapple juice
- fresh rosemary optionally
- Place a trivet in to the Instant pot inner pot and add a cup of water or broth, or pineapple juice if using. Place your bone in ham piece on top of the trivet, skin side up.
- Brush maple syrup (or honey) all over the ham. Add rosemary on top if using
- Close and lock the lid. Cook on Manual for 12 minutes. Quick release the pressure after.
Nutrition information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. This information comes from online calculators.