This post may contain affiliate links.
Try this easy and quick air fryer asparagus recipe that is Keto and weight watchers friendly! Great healthy side dish for your dinner and the best alternative to the potato fries.
MyWW green plan 0 points, blue plan 0 points, purple 0 points ( all calculations are done by adding ingredients to Weight watchers app calculator). Points are per serving.
Before scrolling take a look at all the tips and tricks i explained in the post, they will help you avoid any cooking mistakes.
Asparagus is in season here, in Northern California i want to visit an annual Asparagus Festival in Stockton. Will be so much fun!
Is air fryer asparagus healthy?
Cooking asparagus in the air fryer is healthier than in the oven or on the stove simply because you need to use less oil. If you are on KETO diet, air fried asparagus will be your best friend- crunchy, low carb and a great side to all of your meat and fish dishes.
This whole recipe is Weight watchers approved with only 2 smart points.
Try to wrap asparagus in bacon for more interesting flavor. everything is better with bacon!
How to make asparagus in the air fryer
- First you will need to preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees. This step is not that important but it helps with setting a cooking time.
- Rinse and dry asparagus spears. Cut any dry parts
- Lightly brush asparagus with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper if using.
Air fried asparagus cooking time
I like my asparagus to be cooked at 400 degrees for about 7 minutes. Cut couple minutes for a more crunchy texture. You can also try to sprinkle some freshly grated Parmesan cheese on top of asparagus, or add some fresh minced garlic.
More delicious air fryer to try!
Hope you will enjoy the recipe. Please comment below if you have any questions!
Air fryer asparagus
- 1 lb asparagus
- 1/4 tspn olive oil
- salt, pepper
- Cut dry parts from the asparagus. Lightly brush asparagus with the oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place in the air fryer for 7 minutes at 400 degrees. Shake or turn once.
Tools used in this recipe
Nutrition information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. This information comes from online calculators.