In this post you will learn how to make flavorful and delicious vegan instant pot butternut squash soup and how to cook perfect butternut squash in you pressure cooker.
I just love butternut squash! Its sweet, its delicate, and you can make a perfect Instant pot mashed butternut squash with warm fall spices. Try it!
Instant Pot is perfect for making soups too. I already tried a variety of soups, choose what you like:
- Beef soup in Instant Pot
- Cornish hen soup in Instant Pot
- Instant Pot 15 bean and Sausage soup
- Instant pot chicken noodle soup
But this time i am excited to show you how i made a creamy Instant Pot soup with butternut squash! It was so delicious and full of fall flavors, my entire family loved it!
This soup is deliciously sweeten with fresh hand picked apples from our local u-pick farm.
Every summer and fall season i drive just about 30 minutes into the valley to have a chance to pick our own vitamins packed fruit. What an experience! Kids love to run around orchard trees, play sick and hide and pick fresh apples.
How to make pressure cooker butternut squash soup
- Butternut squash is the king of this creamy soup. Pick a medium size squash so it will easily fit into your Instant Pot
- Peel and cut it in to big chunks. Dont forget to add onion and apple! They will add more flavor and sweetness.
- If you like pumpkin pies, then dont forget to add some pumpkin pie spice. It will more fall flavor to your soup
- Add broth and cook for 8 minutes under high pressure. You can use hand blender to puree your soup, but i used my Vitamix. I have to mention that any blender will work because ingredients will be very soft and easy to blend.
- Serving toppings are absolutely up to you. I like to use chopped cooked bacon bites and just a drop of sour cream or heavy cream on op. Pepitas ( Pumpkin seeds) will work fantastic too, and so pretty!
I added a slice of fresh fig on top just because i love figs and they look so pretty!
Did you check my Instant Pot turkey legs post yet? 🙂 Back to the Butternut squash soup 🙂
Please keep in mind that photos provided are only for half of the recipe. I didn’t have enough people to feed that day so i decided to split ingredients in two batches.
If you love soups just as much as i do, please try my friends Ruchi Instant Pot broccoli lentil soup ! Yum!
Also check out these best Instant Pot Accessories.
Instant Pot Butternut squash soup
- 1 medium butternut squash
- 4 cups Vegetable broth
- 1 apple
- 1 onion
- 1 tbspn pumpkin pie spice (optional)
- salt to taste
- freshly ground pepper to taste
- Wash and peel medium size butternut squash. Cut in cubes and place in to your Instant Pot.
- Add cubed apple and roughly chopped onion. Add pumpkin spice on top and chicken broth.
- Close and lock the lid and set timer to 8 minute on high pressure. Quick release.
- Use hand blender or just regular blender or food processor to puree it. The soup will be pretty thick.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
If you tried this Instant Pot butternut squash soup, please let me know in the comments below!