This pressure cooker dump and start beef and barley soup recipe is so warming and comforting, easy to make and will please even a picky eater. Instant pot soup recipe that will become your perfect weeknight dinner.
I love to make soups in my instant pot. They always turn out delicious, just like if i would babysit them on the stove the whole day. My kids especially love my soups, i even pack them in to the thermos containers to take to school along with fruits and fresh veggies.
Instant Pot beef barley and mushroom soup
The combination of this ingredients is very promising, isnt it
- fresh thyme
- garlic and onion
I can smell it just from writing this post… even though i made this fantastic soup a week ago.
Do i need to brown the meat for soup
As for me, i don’t brown the beef before boiling. It adds more time to cooking and had amazing results even after skipping this step. If you still chose to brown beef, brown it on each side on SAUTE mode and don’t forget to deglaze the pot after. You don’t want to get a BURN message because of that burned beef pieces stuck to the bottom of your pot.
What is the best meat for pressure cooker beef soup
Any cheaper cuts will work because we will cook them under pressure and they will become tender. I like to use a presliced stew meat, it saves me time in the kitchen ( and dirty dishes). But i also love to use chuck roast or round roast. Theey all work very well in this recipe.
More Instant Pot soup recipes:
- Beef and vegetable soup in Instant Pot
- Instant Pot 15 bean and Sausage soup
- Instant Pot butternut squash soup
- Caldo de Res in Instant Pot
- Instant pot chicken noodle soup
- Other instant pot recipes
More soup recipes from my site:
Pressure cooker (Instant pot) beef and barley soup
- 1 lb beef stew meat (cut in 1/2 inch pieces)
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 oz mushrooms sliced
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon thyme fresh if possible
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 4 cups broth (beef, veggie or chicken)
- 2 cups water
- 3 carrots peeled and cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1/2 cup pearl barley
- Add all the ingredients into your instant pot and stir.
- Lock the Instant Pot lid, push on SOUP button and adjust to 20 minutes.
- Naturally release the pressure.
- Before serving sprinkle some chopped cilantro on top.