Delicious and full of flavor chicken noodle soup made in your amazing Instant Pot!
What is the favorite winter meal? Probably most of us will say that its soup.
What is the most popular kitchen gadget this year? Instant pot, no doubt!
Cooking soup in Instant Pot is easy, time saving, the soup always comes out delicious and full of flavor. Chicken noodle soup in instant pot is my family favorite( especially my toddlers favorite) and very easy to make.
Want to try another INSTANT POT recipes?
- Old fashioned beef and vegetable soup in Instant Pot
- Instant Pot Cuban beef lettuce wraps (whole30)
- Instant pot pork ragu
Still making chicken noodle soup on the stove top? Try Pressure cooker! (you know that Instant Pot is just an upgraded pressure cooker, right?:)
Instant Pot chicken noodle soup
- 1 about 3-4 lb whole chicken ( i usually remove skin but you can leave it on)
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 1 onion (chopped fine)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 celery ribs
- 8 cups water
- 2 big garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 tspn dry dill (optional)
- 1/4 tspn dry thyme
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 bay leaves ( i use fresh but dried will work too)
- 4 oz Angel hair noodles (use noodles YOU like please)
- chopped cilantro or green onions for garnish
- Plug the Instant Pot in and turn on SAUTE function. Heat the oil. Add onions, carrots, celery and garlic, cook for about 5 minutes. Add dill if using, thyme, salt and pepper.
- Add whole chicken, breast side up, water and bay leaves. Turn off SAUTE, close and lock the lid and press on SOUP function. Adjust time to 40 minutes high pressure.
- Quick release. Open the lid, take the chicken out and separate it from the bones, shred it. Meanwhile add noodles to the pot, turn SAUTE function. Cook according to the instructions on the package. Add shredded chicken.
- Sprinkle with chopped cilantro or green onions and serve. Done! 🙂
© 2017 BerryMaple. All rights reserved. All images & content are copyright protected. If you want to share this recipe or photos, please provide a link back to this post for the original recipe