This post may contain affiliate links.
You will love this little (but very filling) BLT tarts with goat cheese! Surprise your guests and family with quick and easy appetizer.
I created this recipe thinking of a BLT sandwich…easy and delicious, simple but so satisfying.
Puff pastry can be easily found in your grocery store, in frozen section( if you don’t mind making your own its great, but i prefer to buy a premade dough- time saver).
Cook your bacon until its crispy.
Cut tomatoes very thin.
Use mozzarella cheese (it can be sliced, shredded or whole…)
I personally love arugula much more then any other herb so i used it instead of traditional BLT lettuce
Goat cheese is not very important here but it adds a nice freshness to the bite
You also will like this recipes:
- Goat cheese mushroom tarts
- One pan buttery garlic salmon with brussels sprouts
- Slow cooker pulled pork party dip
BLT tarts with goat cheese
- 1 puff pastry sheet
- 1 big tomato (thinly sliced)
- 4 oz mozzarella cheese devided in to 9 even parts
- 3 stripes of bacon
- 1 cup arugula
- 1/2 cup crumbled goat cheese
- Preheat oven to 400F
- Defrost puff pastry sheet and cut into 9 even squares. Poke each one with fork a few times
- Cover cookie sheet with parchment paper and oil spray( i used coconut oil spray). Move all pastry squares to the sheet and spread evenly.
- Cover each square with mozzarella first, then add tomato on top. Bake in the oven for 20 min.
- While tarts are baking, cook bacon . Place 3 stripes on a hot pan and fry until crispy. Once done, move to the paper towel until cool off and then chop.
- Once tarts are done, take them out of the oven and top with goat cheese, bacon bites and arugula. Serve immediately
Nutrition information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. This information comes from online calculators.
© 2017 BerryMaple. All rights reserved. All images & content are copyright protected. If you want to share this recipe or photos, please provide a link back to this post for the original recipe
Thank you and enjoy!