This post may contain affiliate links.
Crunchy sweet and salty goat cheese mushroom tarts for a delicate afternoon treat!
As soon as i found puff pastry dough in the frozen section of my local store, i couldn’t wait to use it!
Tarts… thats what came to my mind first. I added some goat cheese for saltiness and cranberries for a sweet touch. Crunchy lettuce leaves on top, yum!
Attention – this goat cheese mushroom tarts are very addictive! Had to make them two days in a raw ????
You will also like this recipes:
Goat cheese mushroom tarts
- 8 oz puff pastry dough sheet
- 1 cup sliced white mushrooms
- 1/2 medium onion
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup crumbled goat cheese ( i just crumbled a block of goat cheese i had)
- couple lettuce leaves
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese mozzarella preferred
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Cut pastry dough in to even squares
- Slice the onion. Heat a medium size skillet and saute onion and mushrooms in about 1 tbsp of olive oil.until tender, about 5 min. Season with about 1/8 tspn salt and pinch of pepper
- Line the baking sheet with foil or baking paper and spray with some coconut oil spray. Place each pastry square on a prepared sheet and poke holes in pastry with fork.
- Top each pastry square with goat cheese, sauteed vegetables and mozzarella cheese.
- Place your tarts in oven and bake for 12 minutes ( until golden brown)
- Garnish baked tarts with lettuce( cut it in stripes) and cranberries. Enjoy!
Nutrition information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. This information comes from online calculators.