This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
Lovely soft inside and crunchy outside, this air fryer avocado fries will blow your mind!
Air fryer avocado fries
You can tell i like healthy snacks. They are absolutely kids friendly ( for me its very important since i cook for my kids at least twice a day and they dont eat junk food) and good for you.
Avocado is an everyday guest in our kitchen. We eat it for breakfast with eggs or on pancakes, we eat it with tacos for lunch and with soup for dinner.
Before i got an air fryer, we didnt eat avocados as a snack ( i am talking about my kids here, because i like to eat avocado with just a spoon, scooping it out).
How to make avocado fries
- Use bright spotless avocados. To make sure the avocado is ripe but not overripe, take the little stem of and check the color, if its green, its good to go, if brown- ts way to ripe for this recipe!
- Cut it in pretty big slices so they dont fall apart during the cooking process
- Mix an egg in one bowl and panko in another.
- Dip avocado slices into all of this bowls one by one and then place into the air fryer ( preheated to 400 degrees)
- Cook for about 8-10 minutes, turning half way through.
- The wedges are done when the coating is lightly brown
You can it this avocado fries just like this. Or you can dip them into your favorite sauce!
I used spicy aioli but you can just use bbq sauce or even sour cream.
Make sure to check on this Must Have Air Fryer Accessories list!
More air fryer recipes readers love!
- Best Air fryer Steak-with the step by step video!
- Air fryer Cornish hen
- Air Fryer fish and chips
- Perfect Air Fryer Salmon fillets-cook from frozen too!
- Air fryer salmon patties
- Air fryer hot dogs
- Air fryer french fries-cook form frozen too!
Full list of my air fryer recipes has over 50 recipes!
I also have a gallery of air fryer side dish recipes, that is constantly updated with new recipes! Check it out!
Air fryer avocado fries
- 1 avocado
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Get a ripe but firm avocado. Cut in half and remove the pit. Cut avocado into wedges.
- Bit the egg with salt in one bowl. Add panko into another bowl.
- Dip wedges into the egg mixture, and then in to the panko crumbs.
- Place wedges into preheated to 400F air fryer in a single layer for 8-10 minutes. Shake half way through.
- They are done when lightly brown.
Nutrition FactsAir fryer avocado fries Amount Per Serving Calories 251 Calories from Fat 153 % Daily Value*Fat 17g26%Saturated Fat 3g15%Cholesterol 81mg27%Sodium 729mg30%Potassium 547mg16%Carbohydrates 19g6%Fiber 7g28%Sugar 1g1%Protein 6g12%Vitamin A 265IU5%Vitamin C 10.1mg12%Calcium 52mg5%Iron 1.7mg9%* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
Nutrition information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. This information comes from online calculators.