This recipe is for the best juicy air fryer steak, cooked to perfection! No mess, no splashing oil, just tasty beef steak ( use sirloin or ribeye or any other favorite cut) for your next dinner. Keto, Paleo, low carb, weight watchers 4 smart points per serving.
Making steak in air fryer
Did you actually now you can make a steak in the air fryer? I was surprised when i learned that the steak made this way is so juicy and delicious and its perfect every time!
What air fryer model do you own? Nuwave oven? Gowise? Power air fryer or Cooks essential? This recipe will perfect in any of these modes.
I personally use the Gourmea Air fryer and never had a problem with it. I even cooked an Air fryer Whole chicken in it!
I am looking into investing to Philips Air fryer or Ninja foodie, simply because i need a second one.
Its getting hard to cook all the food i want at once in just one basket. I want more!
What kind of steaks to use in air fryer?
For this recipe i used 2 medium size rib eye steaks.
Sirloin steak is very good option. I want to try a New York steak soon!
How do i cook steaks in air fryer?
- Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees
- Wash and pat dry your steaks with paper towel
- I dont like to add extra spices on my steaks, i use only freshly ground pink salt and freshly ground black pepper. Add generously from both sides
- Place into your air fryer basket. Make sure they dont overlap. Cook until your desired doneness. (Information on that in the recipe notes)
Just look at that photos! I will definitely make steaks in the air fryer again and again, next time i may add some butter on top.
Steak doneness guide
I recommend to use a thermometer to ensure the perfect desired doneness of your steaks. Cooking time mentioned below is approximate.
Average cooking time- 8 minutes in total (flip half way through)
Internal Steak Temperature: 125–130 °F
Average cooking time- 10 minutes (flip half way through)
Internal Steak Temperature: 130–140 °F
Average cooking time- 12 minutes (flip half way through)
Internal Steak Temperature: 140–150 °F
Average cooking time – 14 minutes (flip half way through), thats one i cooked!
Internal Steak Temperature: 150–155 °F
Average cooking time- 16 minutes (flip half way through)
Internal Steak Temperature: 160+ °F
More fantastic air fryer recipes readers love!
- Airfryer Salmon —salmon fillets, cook them from fresh or frozen!
- Air Fryer fish and chips—- classic but without extra fat
- Air fried Oreos
- Air fryer meatballs
- Air fryer bacon—so crispy!
- Air fryer burger
Full list of my healthy air fryer recipes has over 50 recipes! Check it out!
Best Air fryer steak
- 2 medium size rib eye steaks
- salt ad pepper
- Preheat air fryer to 400 degrees. Wash and dry your steaks with paper towel.
- Use whatever spices you usually use on steaks. I only used salt and pepper. Generously add those on both sides.
- Place steaks in your air fryer. Cook according to the notes in the post. For medium well for example is about 14 minutes, flipping half way through.
- Take them out, place on a cutting board and wrap in foil. Let them rest foro about