Air fryer fish recipe that is served with crunchy potato chips. Easy, healthy and ready in no time! For this recipe you can use any fish, cod, tilapia, catfish even salmon and more!
Perfect air fryer fish and chips recipe
Who knew that you can cook amazingly crunchy and velvety soft fish in the air fryer, that actually will be healthy for you? No dealing with greasy oil and extra calories.
For this recipe i used frozen cod fillets, that i took out of the freezer about an hour before cooking time.
Fish is so easy to defrost! If its a big piece- put it in the fridge overnight or for a small or medium piece- just leave it on the counter for an hour or two!
Best Airfryer battered fish
Well, i didnt try every fish in the air fryer, but i can tell then so far my favorites are Catfish (love it!) , Tilapia, Cod and Salmon.
Oh when they are buttered and then air fried- their texture becomes so silky smooth and absolutely delicious. Crunchy on the outside and heavenly soft inside- what could be better!
How to make perfect air fryer fish and chips.
- Toss potato wedges in a bowl with some salt and oil. Add them to the air fryer (400F for 20 minutes). Shake the basket half way through. Remove cooked “chips” and put into a bowl.
- Now you will need three shallow bowls. First for the flour, second for beaten eggs, third for breadcrumbs. Working one fillet at at time, dredge fillet in flour, then eggs, then breadcrumbs. ( My daughter was helping me (see picture)
- Add fillets to the Air fryer basket (at 330F for 15 minutes
- Flip fillets half way through
Serve immediately with potato “chips” and some aioli!
Make sure to check on this Must Have Air Fryer Accessories list!
Try my other popular Air Fryer recipes:
- Air fryer Cornish hen
- Air Fryer garlic lime shrimp skewers
- Best Air Fryer Grilled cheese sandwich-my kids favorite!
- Air Fryer fish and chips
- Air fryer fried Oreos
- Best Air fryer Steak-so juicy!
- Air fryer hot dogs
Full list of my air fryer recipes has over 50 recipes! Check it out!
I like to cook main course in my air fryer. Try more Air fryer main dish recipes!
Air fryer fish and chips
- 1 lb fish fillet (cod, tilapia, catfish)
- 1 cup breadcrumbs (i used panko)
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 tspn salt
- 2 tbspn oil
- 2 russet potatoes
- Cut potatoes in wedges or like french fries. In a bowl, toss together potatoes. salt and oil.
- Add potatoes in to your air fryer basket and cook on 400F for 20 minutes, shaking twice. Once done remove from the basket.
- Meanwhile, prepare the fish. In a shallow bowl add flour, in a second bowl add beaten egg and in the third bowl add Panko. Working with one piece at a time, dredge fish fillet first in flour, then in egg, and then in breadcrumbs.
- Add fish to the air fryer and set it to 330F for 15 minutes. Check on it halfway through and flip if needed.
- Serve together immediately with any sauce( I used Spicy Aioli)
Nutrition FactsAir fryer fish and chips Amount Per Serving Calories 409 Calories from Fat 99 % Daily Value* Total Fat 11g 17% Saturated Fat 1g 5% Cholesterol 97mg 32% Sodium 374mg 16% Potassium 854mg 24% Total Carbohydrates 44g 15% Dietary Fiber 2g 8% Sugars 2g Protein 30g 60% Vitamin A 1.2% Vitamin C 7.4% Calcium 8.1% Iron 18.9%* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.