Try this Air fryer salmon cakes, so delicious and healthy! Keto, paleo, whole30 and low carb. You can make this salmon patties from frozen and from fresh salmon fish fillets. Dont forget a touch of lemon! Weight watcher zero points!
Ok guys, this is by far my absolutely favorite air fryer recipe. Just look at these patties! So juicy, flavorful, elegant and delicious!
I have lots of air fryer recipes on my site. Here are some of them , please search for more! Air fryer beef steak kabobs , Air Fryer loaded baked potato and i also have another great Air fryer salmon fillets recipe with dill yogurt sauce! Check it out!
Keto, whole30 and paleo air fryer salmon cakes recipe!
This salmon cakes are very healthy by its own. This recipe is low carb and fits most of low carb diets.
If you are looking for a good quality salmon with most nutrients and health benefits, use wild caught fish. I usually just buy a whole salmon fillet(or even a whole fish), then slice it in portions and freeze.
You can get a good quality fish at big fish markets or get it already frozen to avoid farmed raised salmon.( “Atlantic salmon” is farmed as well, just FYI)
Can i use frozen salmon?
Of course you do. If you are making salmon patties, you will need to defrost the fish first and then cut it very well or mince to make cakes.
You can even make a lot of salmon cakes at once and freeze them for later use
Also you can use different fish to make this fish cakes:
But our favorite is salmon! Patties comes out juicy and tender each time!
You can eat them just like that or use it as a patty for a burger. Add some fries and call it meal!Great for a party!
I used sliced lemon under the salmon cakes to prevent them from sticking to the air fryer basket. It also add an extra flavor that nothing can beat.
How long do you cook salmon patties in air fryer?
The process of cooking salmon is very simple. Usually it takes about 7 minutes to fully cook your fillet or cake, but i depend on a thickness of a piece.
Maybe you will need to adjust the time by 1 minute!
How to serve air fryer salmon cakes
- Make a stack! Top it with sour cream or coconut cream or yogurt ( just a whole30 option). Well, we like it with sour cream and chopped dill.
- Just put all the patties on a wooden board or a parchment paper and serve with a side dip( could be anything- from spicy aioli to sour cream with dill or just about anything)
- Serve it in a burger! Great option for a party.
Hope you will like this recipe! Please let me know in comments below !
More air fryer recipes you need to try!
- Best Air fryer Steak (VIDEO!)
- Air fryer Cornish hen
- Air fryer fried Oreos
- Air fryer hard boiled eggs
- Air fryer Avocado fries
- Air Fryer fish and chips
- Air fryer french fries (fresh or frozen)
Full list of my air fryer recipes has over 50 recipes! Check it out!
Air fryer Salmon patties (cakes)
- 8 oz fresh salmon fillet (could be from frozen)
- 1 eggs
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 sliced lemon
- Mince salmon in the bowl, add egg and spices.
- Form little cakes . Preheat air fryer to 390. Lay sliced lemons on the bottom of the air fryer basket. Place cakes on top.
- Cook for 7 minutes. Serve with your favorite dip, depending on your diet preferences.