This post may contain affiliate links.
Lovely Rotisserie style Cornish hen with potatoes dinner made in your instant pot. Cooked to perfection in under 30 minutes!
Did you try Cornish hens before? They a those little birds that taste exactly like chicken. Just much smaller.
I also have a beautiful recipe for Cornish hen ramen in Instant Pot, did you try it?
Cornish hen recipe for Instant pot
Look at this picture (above), cornish hen looks so tiny compare to a big white sweet onion! Isn’t this funny?
I like to buy my cornish hens in Costco, The sell them for a very very reasonable price (about 18$ for 6 cornish hens from what i remember).
Needless to say i have an extra freezer in the garage, otherwise i would never fit in in my kitchen fridge:)
Can i cook frozen cornish hens?
Absolutely! I would just add extra 4 minutes under the high pressure in you pressure cooker.
I also have a beautiful rotisserie cornish hen option if you also own an air fryer. Check it out!
Blend of spices i used here:
- freshly ground black pepper
- pink salt
- garlic powder
Also check out these Best Instant Pot Accessories that Everyone Should Have.
More instant pot recipes readers love!
- Instant Pot collard greens with bacon
- Pressure cooker (Instant Pot) whole chicken
- The best Instant pot pork tacos
- Instant Pot Fettuccine Alfredo pasta
- Instant Pot turkey legs with gravy
- Instant Pot red beans and smoked sausage recipe
- Other Instant pot recipes
Instant pot cornish hen with potatoes
- 1 cornish hen
- 1 onion
- 5-7 medium size potatoes
- 1/8 tspn dried rosemary
- 1/8 tspn dried thyme
- 1/3 tspn garlic powder
- 1 cup chicken broth or water
- Peel and cut potatoes in half. Cut onion in half. Add to the pot
- Rub Cornish hen with a mix of spices and add on top of the veggies.
- Add chicken broth or water. Close and lock the lid. Set the timer to 18 minutes. Quick release when done.
- Carefully transfer Cornish hen to the oven safe pan, turn the broiler on and let is sit under the broiler for 5 minutes, until the skin is brown and crispy.
- Serve with potatoes and desired side dish.
Nutrition information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. This information comes from online calculators.
PIN ME FOR LATER!
Saturday 6th of June 2020
Made my first Cornish hen ever using your recipe With a few tweaks, and it came out fabulous.! I am newish to using my instant pot but one of the things I knew I wanted to make was a Cornish hen as 1. It’s just me, and 2. Cornish hens are my absolute favorite poultry . I got caught short as I had no potatoes, but made it with a large yam. I used a large onion, 4 large cloves of garlic and carrots. Yum!
Saturday 9th of February 2019
Did up 2 cornish hens in the 6 qt. instant pot. Very good. Smaller garden potatoes not cut in half came out perfect. Not little potatoes just smaller. Thanks for the recipe it is a keeper.