Delicious instant pot cabbage and sausage recipe is a fantastic quick and easy weekday dinner. Take your favorite kielbasa sausage and pressure cook it for the whole family to enjoy.
As a big fan of pressure cooking, i tried this recipe for the first time last week. The results were amazing! Cabbage came out so tender and soft. the sausage was very juicy and flavorful!
How to cook Polish kielbasa in instant pot?
Its very easy. For one pounds of polish kielbasa you will need to adjust the time to about 5 minutes. Ig you like to add more flavor, i recommend browning the sausage in the same pot for couple minutes and then pressure cook it.
Its delicious to add onions and garlic or garlic powder to your kielbasa in the SAUTEING step. It adds more flavor and your kitchen will smell absolutely amazing.
How to cook cabbage in pressure cooker
When you cook cabbage in the pressure cooker instant pot, you really have to pay attention to the time. You don’t want to overcook it so it become mushy, but you want your cabbage to be saft and tender. 5 minutes is usually enough.
Slice cabbage(not too thin though), add some water and pressure cook it.
Instant pot cabbage and sausage ingredients
For this recipe you will need only a handful of ingredients:
- polish kielbasa
- fresh thyme
- salt and freshly ground pepper
When i cooked this dish for dinner, we ate it all and didn’t have any leftovers. But if you will have some cabbage leftover, keep it in the fridge, covered, up to three day.
Great to take to work with you too, in a lunch box. Just keep in mind, cabbage has a strong smell when reheated in the office)
More easy instant pot recipes readers love!
- Beef and vegetable soup in Instant Pot
- Instant Pot Fettuccine Alfredo pasta
- Instant pot chicken lo mein noodles
- Instant Pot turkey legs with gravy
- Best kid friendly Instant Pot recipes
- The best Instant pot pork tacos
- Quick and easy Instant Pot beef stroganoff
Need more recipes ? Here is my full collection of instant pot recipes for you!
Pressure cooker cabbage and sausage
- 1 head cabbage chopped
- 1 lb Polish kielbasa
- 1 onion chopped
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 cups broth of choice
- 1 tspn thyme
- freshly ground pepper
- 1 tspn oil
- To the inner pot of your pressure cooker add chopped onion and sliced sausage. Add oil and press SAUTE. Cook for about 5 minutes until onion is nicely browned.
- Add the rest of ingredients to the pot and close and lock the lid. Set Manual on HIGH pressure for 5 minutes and quick release once done.
- Carefully open the lid and and stir. Use slotted spoon.