Easy soft and chewy sugar cookies recipe that is perfect for any occasion,from Christmas and Thanksgiving to a Birthday party! Add some icing and make your own design!
Who doesnt love cookies? Sugar cookies are so easy to make and they are delicious! They are often used for decoration for Christmas, with different icing ot top and those beautiful creations!
Today here we are going to make a base sugar cookie recipe that is great for all your needs.
Easy sugar cookie recipe
Lets start with a list of ingredients. What a perfect cookie needs?
- Butter. Make sure its soft and room temperature.
- Sugar. For this recipe we are going to use white sugar
- Baking powder
- Vanilla extract
- Flour. I am using regular all purpose white flour here.
This is a perfect without brown sugar recipe . Basic ingredients and so easy and fast to make!
Homemade sugar cookies is that type of cookies that you can pack for dessert for your child lunchbox , you can put them in the jar and call it a fantastic homemade Christmas gift and much much more!
For this recipe i used two ungreased cookie sheets with 8 cookies on each. If you will measure about 1 teaspoon of dough for each cookie you will get 16 cookies.
More easy cookie recipes readers love!
- Cake mix lemon cookies recipe
- Chewy cranberry white chocolate chip cookies
- Air fryer chocolate chip cookie bars
- Best almond pulp cookies
Easy sugar cookies
- 1/2 cup butter soften
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/4 cup flour
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a stand mixer (or by hand), cream butter and sugar together. Add egg and vanilla and mix well.
- Slowly add flour with baking powder and mix for another 30 seconds.
- Roll rounded balls of dough (i used an ice cream scoop for it) and place into cookie sheet (ungreased).
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, until golden but still very soft.
- Let cook and enjoy!