Valentines day favorite,the best and easy chewy red velvet cookies from cake mix. This recipe is so quick to make, and the cream cheese frosting taste so good!
Dont you just love cookie recipes that are so easy to make? Cake box mix cookies are just like that, usually only 3-4 ingredients and its so so easy!
In this red velvet cookies recipe i used only a handful of ingredients:
- Cake mix. I usually buy the cake mix that’s the store caries at the moment. It could be Betty Crocker, Pillsbury or Bakers corner.
- Eggs. For this recipe you will need 1 nice big fresh egg.
- Baking powder. Nothing fancy here, just a regular baking powder from any store will work.
Get ready for a gorgeous color of the dough! Its so beautiful by itself i almost didn’t want to bake it, i just wanted to eat it with the spoon. But hey, its not safe to do!
With the Valentines day approaching, try to make this cookies for your loved ones. Couple cookies for breakfast will be very nice, add couple strawberries on the plate and a cup of coffee!
My kids love this cake mix cookies too. They helped me to spread the cream cheese topping over the cookies and enjoyed decorating them so much.
More easy cake mix recipes
Red velvet cookies with cream cheese frosting
For the cookies
- 1 box red velvet cake mix
- 1 tspn baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup oil
For the frosting
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 4 tablespoon soft butter
- 2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a cookies sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix all ingredients for cookies in the medium size bowl. Scoop about 1 tablespoon of cookie dough and place on the cookie sheet. Put the sheet into the oven for about 10-12 minutes.
- Let cookies cool completely. Then mix all the cream cheese frosting ingredients using hand or stand mixer until fluffy. Spred evenly over the cookies and serve.
Nutrition information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. This information comes from online calculators.