Delicious double chocolate gooey and sweet hazelnut spread cookies packed with rich chocolate hazelnut paste ( any brand, from Kirkland to Nutella) and lots of chocolate chips.
My kids always ask me for cookies. You can always find lots of flour and sugar in my pantry. And of course, chocolate chips. Those are three staples in my baking and am trying to never run out of them. Butter is essential too and i keep it in my freezer. I buy it from COSTCO in huge batches, 1-2 at a time.
What else do i buy in there pretty regularly? You right, yummy hazelnut spread. Sometimes i go with their own Kirkland brand, some days i go with classic Nutella. My kids just love toast with chocolate hazelnut spread in the morning and i am not going to lie, me too.
We add it on the toast, on pancakes, make chocolate bread and sometime we make Hazelnut spread chocolate cookies. Hold on your aprons guys, this cookies are so good! They are double stuffed with chocolate spread and lots of chocolate chips!
How do you make Hazelnut spread cookies from scratch
The process is pretty easy. You probably already have all the ingredients in your pantry and fridge. Keep in mind, this recipe requires some chilling in the fridge!
- First you want to mix all the wet ingredients (plus sugar) in a large bowl. I used a stand mixer for that but it also could me mixed just by hand. Just mix it to combine.
- Then I add all dry ingredients. The ideal way to do that is to mix flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt in the separate bowl and then add the mixture. Well, i never really do that. And i will tell you what, the recipe always comes out perfect!
- Once the dough is mixed, fold in chocolate chips. I used dark chocolate chips but it is truly up to you. Try with white chocolate, it must be yummy to and colorful.
- As i mentioned before, this hazelnut spread cookies recipe requires some dough chilling in the fridge. I left mine for 2 hours but you can leave yours overnight. If the dough will get too hard, let it sit on the counter for 10 minutes before scooping.
- Form balls using about 1 tablespoon of the dough. This will make about 23-25 cookies and will need couple sheets to bake.
- Cookies should be soft to the touch when they are done. Dont overbake or you will end up with crunchy dry cookies. You want them to be melty and gooey inside!
More readers favorite cookies
Hazelnut spread chocolate cookies
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup Hazelnut spread Nutella or other brand, i used Kirkland
- pinch of salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- In the large bowl beat butter with sugar and egg. Add hazelnut spread and mix. Slowly add flour, soda, cocoa powder. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Cover he bowl with plastic wrap and chill in the fridge for about two hours.
- Preheat the oven to 350F degrees. Roll balls after scooping cookies with a tablespoon. My cookies were pretty big, and i made about 25 balls and used two sheets.
- Bake for 11 minutes. Cookies will still be soft to touch. Let them cool and enjoy.
Feel free to use any other kind of chocolate chips, from white to butterscotch.
Nutrition information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. This information comes from online calculators.