This post may contain affiliate links.
Tender, juicy and just so delicious- try this caramelized sweet beef over rice or just as is!
I was so excited to try this recipe , especially after i got a lot of attention for my sweet caramelized pork with rice recipe last week!
So, when you choose beef over the pork, you need to keep in mind that its important what kind of cut you choose. Beef is a bit harder to work with but if you choose tender cuts or really thin steaks you should be fine.
Related: Coconut milk pork skillet
Since its a skillet dish, we will cook it just for about 40 minutes, please cut you steak in to small pieces:) If you prefer a set ad forget cooking style- slow cooker caramelized sweet beef recipe is coming soon too!
Caramelized sweet beef
- 1,5 lb sirloin steak cut in small pieces
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 cup water or beef stock
- 3 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 cups dry uncooked rice
- green onions for garnish
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 onion chopped
- Cook rice according to your package instructions
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add onion and beef and cook for about 5 minutes, stirring, until browned on all sides.
- Add water, sugar,soy sauce and fish sauce, stir and cook over medium low, covered for about 30 minutes, then uncovered for another 10-15 until thick sauce forms. Don't burn!
- Serve over white rice with chopped green onions
Nutrition information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. This information comes from online calculators.
© 2017 BerryMaple. All rights reserved. All images & content are copyright protected. If you want to share this recipe or photos, please provide a link back to this post for the original recipe