Easy flavorful weeknight meal for you and your family- try this cheesy beef udon noodles on a busy weekday night!
If you love Udon as much as i love it- you will really enjoy this simple pasta dish. Udon is mostly known to be served in Japanese restaurants, but you can easily purchase it online or at some supermarkets. China town or Japan town would be a great place to buy udon noodles (San Francisco has both).
My kids crave noodles at any kind all the time, and this dish is totally kids- friendly ( toddler approved too!) .
Also try this beef recipes:
Cheesy beef udon
- 12 oz lean ground beef
- 1/3 lb udon noodles (uncooked)
- 1 cup shredded cheese (cheddar will work great)
- 1 tespoon garlic powder
- 1/2 onion
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Heat oil in a medium size skillet. Chop the onion and put in to a skillet. Cook for about 3 minutes over medium heat until very fragrant. Add ground meat. Cook stirring until browned.
- Add spices and cheese. Stir.
- Meanwhile cook Udon noodles according to the package directions in a different pot. Drain well. Add to the beef skillet, mix. Add salt and pepper to taste
Nutrition FactsCheesy beef udon Amount Per Serving Calories 369 Calories from Fat 135 % Daily Value*Fat 15g23%Saturated Fat 6g30%Cholesterol 74mg25%Sodium 686mg29%Potassium 335mg10%Carbohydrates 27g9%Fiber 2g8%Sugar 4g4%Protein 30g60%Vitamin A 190IU4%Vitamin C 1mg1%Calcium 160mg16%Iron 2.3mg13%* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
© 2018 BerryMaple. All rights reserved. All images & content are copyright protected. If you want to share this recipe or photos, please provide a link back to this post for the original recipe