Who wants to try this flavorful and very tender coconut milk pork made in less than an hour? Its also cooked in a skillet, easy and delicious!
Not too long time ago i made this Sticky Caramel Pork recipe and it was a hit! So i decided to make more pork recipes,to play with flavors and combinations. Pork is very affordable and easy to work with, a great bonus is that my kids will eat anything pork related, so am i.
Made this coconut milk skillet pork for lunch and we got some leftovers for the next day, which i warmed up in a skillet with an egg, so basically created a new recipe, ha! It was so good, planning to cook it again this week!
This dish is also a great idea for your kids lunchbox. As long as he(or she) can heat it up!
Related: Beef stir-fry with asparagus
Coconut milk pork on a skillet
- 2 oz pork ribs(no bone) or butt
- 1/2 onion (diced)
- 1 can (13 oz) coconut milk
- 1 can (13 oz) diced tomatoes
- 2 tspn curry powder
- 1 tspn garlic or regular salt
- freshly ground pepper
- 2 cups dry white rice
- 1 tspn olive oil
- Heat the skillet over medium high heat . Slice pork in to about 1 inch size pieces and put in to the skillet. Add diced onions and cook for about 5 minutes, untill browned.
- Add coconut milk,diced tomatoes, curry , salt and pepper to the pan. Wait until it will get to a light boil and then turn the heat down to low, close the lid and cook for 40 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile cook rice according to the package instructions.
- Serve in bowls- rice, scoop of coconut pork and garnish with green onions.
© 2017 BerryMaple. All rights reserved. All images & content are copyright protected. If you want to share this recipe or photos, please provide a link back to this post for the original recipe