This post may contain affiliate links.
Outstanding flavor and easy recipe – try to make your favorite chicken tikka masala in your own kitchen!
I have to admit, before I first moved to San Francisco, I never tried Indian food. You know, here you can enjoy Real Food from almost any cuisine from all over the world!
Chicken tikka masala was so full of flavor, I started to order it almost every week. A few years later, after I got married and had 2 kids , this chicken dish became our family favorite and I cook it once a week for dinner.
You will also like this recipes:
- Honey garlic lime chicken thighs
- One pan buttery garlic salmon with brussels sprouts
- BLT tarts with goat cheese
Chicken tikka masala
- 1,5 lb boneless chicken thighs, cut in large cubes
- 3/4 cup plain yogurt
- about 1 tbsp olive or coconut oil
- 4 tbsp butter
- 3 big cloves garlic
- 1 big onion chopped
- 1,5 cup diced tomatoes
- 2 tbsp garam masala
- 1 cup heavy cream or half and half
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups cooked white rice
- chopped green onions
- Start with marinating chicken in yogurt and 1 tbsp of garam masala for an hour( overnight if possible)
- Heat half of the butter and oil in a medium size skillet over medium high heat. Cook chicken until browned and fully cooked, about 5-7 minutes. Set aside
- Add another 2 tbsp of butter to the same skillet with chopped onions. and saute until soft. Add minced garlic and cook for another minute.
- Add diced tomatoes , garam masala and cooked chicken. Heat it, stir and add heavy cream. Turn the heat off and stir.
- Serve over rice and garnish with chopped green onions
Nutrition information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. This information comes from online calculators.