Absolutely stunning but easy to make this keto combo- Instant pot spaghetti squash with flavorful pulled pork. All the best flavors in one dish. Weight watchers 2 smart points per serving
Did you try to make pulled pork in your pressure cooker before?
Its absolutely amazing and easy to prepare dish. Now imaging that you can combine healthy spaghetti squash with pulled pork… its a bomb!
You can prepare it using just one pot, no extra dish washing required!
For this recipe i like to use medium size spaghetti squash, just right to fit in to my Instant Pot. You can fit it all in once, using a trivet (check this post for more Must Have Instant Pot accessories )
How to cook spaghetti squash in Instant Pot?
Its very easy! It takes less then 10 minutes under pressure and so delicious and healthy!
- First you need to place a trivet in to your inner pot.
- Add 1 cup of water
- Cut your spaghetti squash in half lengthwise and remove all seeds.
- Place on the trivet. Close and lock the lid
- Set for 8 minutes under high pressure. Quick release.
- Now the fun part! Shred the squash and serve! Yum!
When you make pulled pork with spaghetti squash together, first you need to cook your pork shoulder because it takes much longer to cook it all the way through.
You will need to place pork shoulder in the pot, add water and cook for 40 minutes on high pressure. Once its done, Quick release the steam.
Place the trivet right on top of the pork and add you prepared spaghetti squash. Cook for another 8 minutes on high pressure and QR in the end.
Squash will soak up some of that pork flavors and will be absolutely amazing! You don’t need much seasoning here, except salt and pepper.
Instant Pot spaghetti squash and pulled pork
- 1 lb pork shoulder
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 medium spaghetti squash
- Place pork in the Instant pot or any other pressure cooker. Add water , salt and pepper. Close the lid and set the timer to 40 minutes on high pressure. Once done, quick release the pressure.
- Meanwhile wash your spaghetti squash and cut lengthwise. Remove seeds.
- Place the trivet on top of the pork. Add prepared spaghetti squash. If it doesn't fit, cut it in quarters.
- Sprinkle with some salt and close and lock the lid Set the timer to 8 minutes high pressure. After its done- quick release it.
- Carefully remove the squash. Shred it, leaving just skin Remove pork and shred it separately, mixing with juices.
- Serve. Place squash on the bottom, then add some pulled pork with juices on top and sprinkle with some chopped scallions.
Nutrition FactsInstant Pot spaghetti squash and pulled pork Amount Per Serving Calories 103 Calories from Fat 36 % Daily Value*Fat 4g6%Saturated Fat 1g5%Cholesterol 46mg15%Sodium 637mg27%Potassium 235mg7%Protein 13g26%Vitamin C 0.6mg1%Calcium 10mg1%Iron 0.9mg5%* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.