This post may contain affiliate links.
Easy recipe for homemade moist double chocolate chip muffins that are just full of amazing cacao flavor! Make them for breakfast or a snack, they are great for are kids lunch box too!
They were created to satisfy all your chocolate cravings! Try these double chocolate muffins for a breakfast with a cup pf hot coffee or tea. or take it to work and share with a coworker.
Whats inside double chocolate chip muffins?
- Chocolate chips. I love to use regular size chocolate chips but you can use mini if you like.
- Sour cream. We are buying sour cream in Costco and always have a bucket in the fridge. Can be substituted for yogurt.
- Milk. Full fat or low fat milk
- Flour. All purpose flour is what i used
- Sugar. Regular white granulated sugar
- Vegetable oil. I recommend using avocado or olive oil. Coconut or any other vegetable oil will work too.
- Baking soda.
Its so easy to whip the batter on a chill Monday morning (or any other morning, it will take you only 5 minutes!). If you have kids, they can easily help you by scooping the dough into the muffin tin or mixing the ingredients. Keep an eye on them though, those chocolate chips are dangerous to be around!
How do you add moisture to muffins?
You not worry about it if you follow this recipe exactly. Sour cream or yogurt will add moisture the to dough as much as buttermilk or milk itself. Also a good amount of oil will prevent muffins from drying out.
More breakfast recipes you may like
Hope you will like this double chocolate chip muffins recipe as much as we did! Moist and delicious breakfast muffins to share with friends!
Moist chocolate muffins
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup unsweetened chocolate powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 egg
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Prepare the muffing tin
- Make a dough. Mix eggs, sour cream, oil and milk in a medium, size bowl. Add dry ingredients and mix well.
- Scoop dough into the muffin cups using a spoon or ice cream scooper
- Place muffin pan in to the oven and bake for 20 minutes
Tools used in this recipe
- muffin pan
Nutrition information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. This information comes from online calculators.