This classic delicious easy homemade pecan pie recipe will bring you the best flavor! With flaky crust and no corn syrup added, this traditional pie is great for your holiday celebrations- Thanksgiving, Christmas or for your weekend dinner dessert!
How many days in advance can you make pecan pie?
Do you feel like your oven will be busy all day for other amazing food, or you just feel like baking ahead of time? You can totally do that by refrigerating the pie. Bake it up to 4 days ahead and cover or place in the airtight container in the fridge. Freezing is also an option. You can wrap the pie tightly in the freezer friendly plastic or foil. It will be ready to consume for about 2-3 months no problem.
How do you know pecan pie is done
The pecan pie is done when it stops shaking (jiggling ) in the middle when you try to pull it out if the oven. When you insert the knife or a wooden stick is suppose to come out clean. If you will follow this recipe directly, your pumpkin pie should be done in 50 minutes exactly, but of course it depends on the oven you have.
Classic easy pecan pie ingredients
- pie crust, frozen or homemade
- brown and white sugar
- chopped pecans
So easy to make! I don’t recommend to eat more then one piece though. Pecan pie is very high in sugar and fat, and its almost 500 calories per slice! But hey, its so good!
Making it for Thanksgiving? Try these recipes readers love:
- Applewood smoked turkey breast
- Instant Pot collard greens with bacon
- Easy creamed corn recipe
- Easy Brussels sprouts and bacon recipe
- Buttery garlic sauteed green beans
Easy classic pecan pie recipe
- 1 unbaked pie crust
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Prepare the filling. In a large bowl mix all the ingredients (except pecans )together. Mix until smooth. Add pecans and stir.
- Pour prepared filling in to premade pie crust. Place to the oven and bake for 15 minutes. Then change the temperature to 350 and bake for another 35 minutes.
- Let cool completely before cutting and serving.