Homemade easy and delicious pumpkin pie made from scratch! The best full proof recipe with condensed milk and fresh or canned pumpkin puree. Best dessert for thanksgiving, Christmas or any fall evening.
Who loves pumpkin pie? Sure most of you just said YES! Filled with warm fall spices and delicious custard like pumpkin filling… The flavor that so loved by most of you.
Today we are going to make an easy peasy classic pumpkin pie recipe. 4 ingredient filling and lots of flavor!
Easy pumpkin pie ingredients:
- Pumpkin puree. Homemade puree will work best. I used canned pumpkin, cheap and fast.
- Condensed milk. Use the whole can and dont forget to scrape the sides! If you will have some left, put it in your coffee (so good)
- Pumpkin pie spices. Store bought is fine, recipe for the homemade spice mix is coming on the blog
How do you know when pumpkin pie is ready
There is a few ways to check if your pie is ready.
First insert a thin knife close to the center of the pie. If it come out pretty clean, the pie is ready . This method is not used a lot in our house because once the pie is cooled you will see a small(or big!) crack on the surface.
Second, when you think the pie is ready, try to move it inside the oven . If it jiggle just a little in middle, it’s done. Take it out and let cool. The center will set
Third and my favorite method : just follow the directions exactly and take the pie out of the oven when your timer beeps ( 15 minutes plus 35). Always worked with me
I like to use Libbys pumpkin for my pie, but homemade will work the best, I don’t have it on my blog yet but once i will make it i will let you know!
Can you eat raw pumpkin pie filing?
I would not eat it , since it contains eggs. But at the same time, just leave the eggs out and enjoy! I will tell you more, when i open a can of pumpkin i like to eat it with the spoon. Of course when its mixed with condensed milk it taste more like dessert.
Pumpkin pie crust: frozen or homemade
Do you need to defrost a premade pie crust? Yes you do. Just leave it on the counter for 30 minutes and will get soft. Then, just fill it up with the pumpkin filling and bake following the directions.
Homemade pie crust will take you a bit longer and some skills but it will worth it. The recipe for a perfect flaky pie crust is coming soon.
You may like my Pecan pie and Chocolate pie recipes, they are delicious and perfect for any occasion! What else can i make with pumpkin? Try my Pumpkin pancakes recipe ,Iced pumpkin cookies, Pumpkin bread and Pumpkin muffins too!
More delicious Thanksgiving recipes
- Instant Pot turkey legs
- Sauteed green beans
- Creamed corn recipe
- Turkey in air fryer
- Brussels sprouts and bacon recipe
Best easy pumpkin pie
- 1 can pumpkin puree 15 oz
- 1 can condensed milk 14 oz
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoon pumpkin spice mix
- 1 pie crust 9 inch
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Beat eggs with condensed milk and pumpkin. Add spices. Pour the mixture into prepared thawed (if using premade) pie crust. Put in to the oven for 15 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to 350 degrees and bake for another 35 minutes.
- Take ot of the oven. Let cool completely before slicing. Top with whipped cream.