In this post you will learn how to make juicy hamburgers in your air fryer from frozen or fresh beef or turkey patties. Made in little time, this recipe is very easy and will pair perfectly well with air fryer fries. Best recipe that will work in your Power, Nuwave, Ninja and any other air fryer!
Cooking burgers in the air fryer is a very quick and easy process that doesn’t require any experience really. In this post you will learn how to air fry burgers ( beef or turkey patties), or as some people call them hamburger steaks.
Step by step guide for an air fryer hamburger recipe
Step 1. Get the ground chuck beef , place it into a bowl and add salt and pepper (and any other spices that you like). Mix it well and form patties. 1 pound of ground beef will make about 4 nice big patties easily.Step 2. Place patties into your air fryer . For this recipe i used my Gourmia air fryer but Power air fryer oven will probably fit more burgers at once. Dont grease the air fryer basket and dont put any oil spray on it, your chuck burgers will be fatty enough to prevent it from sticking. Step 3. Cook patties for about 6 minutes and then flip to brown them on the other side. Should be about 12 minutes in total. 1 minute before the end of the cooking time, open the air fryer basket and add cheese on each patty. You can place a wire rack on top to prevent cheese from flying away from the patty. It will take only 1 minute for the cheese to get melted and a little bubbly. Perfect!Step 4. Now take patties out and place on the plate. Meanwhile warm and crisp burger buns by placing them into the air fryer for about 1 minute. Adjust cooking time by the amount of crispiness you like.
How long do you cook hamburgers in air fryer
I cook my hamburgers for 10 to 12 minutes, depending on their thickness. My patties are pretty thick so for a well done burger cook it for 12 minutes, flipping half way.
How long do you cook frozen hamburger patty in the air fryer
If you are using frozen patties, just add 4 minutes to a cooking time. It should be about 15 minutes in total.
Can you freeze your hamburgers for later?
This recipe makes 4 patties and you can totally freeze them for later. If you will double the recipe you will get 8 nice patties that you will need to line with pieces of parchment paper so they don’t stick together when frozen. Cook them for 4 minutes longer then regular fresh burgers.
- Air fried frozen salmon this recipe has a video!
- Air fried grilled cheese sandwich perfect for and kids and adults
- Air fryer chicken
Air fryer burger
- 1 lb ground beef chuck you can also use lean ground beef but i don't recommend
- 1 teaspoon salt adjust to taste
- freshly ground pepper
- 4 slices cheddar cheese could be used American cheese
- 4 hamburger buns
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix ground chuck with salt and pepper in a bowl. Form patties ( i made 4) and place them in the Air fryer. My air fryer could fit only 2 at a time.
- Cook for 6 minutes, flip and cook for another 6 . 1 minute before patties are done, place cheese on each patty. When cheese is melted, remove patties from the air fryer.
- Place burger buns into the air fryer basket and crisp them for 1 minute.
- BUILD you burger the way you want. I used mayo, ketchup, lettuce, tomato and onion.
- Repeate all the same with the sacond batch.