Air fryer fish recipe that is served with crunchy potato chips. Easy, healthy and ready in no time! For this recipe you can use any fish, cod, tilapia, catfish even salmon and more!
Perfect air fryer fish and chips recipe
Who knew that you can cook amazingly crunchy and velvety soft fish in the air fryer, that actually will be healthy for you? No dealing with greasy oil and extra calories.
For this recipe i used frozen cod fillets, that i took out of the freezer about an hour before cooking time.
Fish is so easy to defrost! If its a big piece- put it in the fridge overnight or for a small or medium piece- just leave it on the counter for an hour or two!
Best Airfryer battered fish
Well, i didnt try every fish in the air fryer, but i can tell then so far my favorites are Catfish (love it!) , Tilapia, Cod and Salmon.
Oh when they are buttered and then air fried- their texture becomes so silky smooth and absolutely delicious. Crunchy on the outside and heavenly soft inside- what could be better!
How to make perfect air fryer fish and chips.
- Toss potato wedges in a bowl with some salt and oil. Add them to the air fryer (400F for 20 minutes). Shake the basket half way through. Remove cooked “chips” and put into a bowl.
- Now you will need three shallow bowls. First for the flour, second for beaten eggs, third for breadcrumbs. Working one fillet at at time, dredge fillet in flour, then eggs, then breadcrumbs. ( My daughter was helping me (see picture)
- Add fillets to the Air fryer basket (at 330F for 15 minutes
- Flip fillets half way through
Serve immediately with potato “chips” and some aioli!
Try my other popular Air Fryer recipes:
Full list of my healthy air fryer recipes has over 50 recipes! Check it out!
Check my latest AIR FRYER COOKING CHART
Air fryer fish and chips
- 1 lb fish fillet (cod, tilapia, catfish)
- 1 cup breadcrumbs (i used panko)
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 tspn salt
- 2 tbspn oil
- 2 russet potatoes
- Cut potatoes in wedges or like french fries. In a bowl, toss together potatoes. salt and oil.
- Add potatoes in to your air fryer basket and cook on 400F for 20 minutes, shaking twice. Once done remove from the basket.
- Meanwhile, prepare the fish. In a shallow bowl add flour, in a second bowl add beaten egg and in the third bowl add Panko. Working with one piece at a time, dredge fish fillet first in flour, then in egg, and then in breadcrumbs.
- Add fish to the air fryer and set it to 330F for 15 minutes. Check on it halfway through and flip if needed.
- Serve together immediately with any sauce( I used Spicy Aioli)