Super easy weekday meal with leftover rotisserie chicken– quick and healthy pasta recipe! Add some crunchy broccoli and homemade Alfredo sauce and enjoy this yummy meal with your family.
Easy rotisserie chicken leftover recipe
Every time I go to Costco- i buy a rotisserie chicken. EVERY SINGLE TIME.
Sometime it’s just a short trip for organic full fat milk they have, 2 gallon in a box. Or a trip for toothpaste and toothbrushes, oops, here you can spot a rotisserie chicken in my cart as well. It’s funny how easy it is !
Costco trips are a weekly routine in our house. Great prices, helpful workers and a great selection of meat and seafood (at least at out local Costco they always have lobster tails, crabs, all kind of shrimp; lamb, organic chickens and a huge beef section).
Kids love our trips too- they always leave the store with presents and all kind of healthy snacks!
How to freeze chicken leftovers
So years of shopping for chickens inspired me to create all kind of easy leftover recipes with chicken breasts.
I like to freeze Rotisserie chicken leftovers for later use. I dice the meat and pack in to a zip lock bag (a couple zip lock bag can be used if you cook for one person at a time).
When you picked a recipe and ready to use your leftovers, just leave the plastic bag in the fridge overnight. Alternatively you can put frozen chicken in to a bowl with warm water for quicker thawing, or even leave it in the microwave for a couple minutes on DEFROST setting.
Here is why this recipe works
- When you are using leftover rotisserie chicken breast, you already know its juicy and full of flavor. All you will need to do is to simmer it in cream for couple minutes to soak up even more flavor. No dry chicken here!
- You will cook everything almost in one pot! Once your favorite pasta is cooked, just add it to the skillet full of our ingredients and stir.
- You can absolutely any pasta in this recipe. I picked linguine noodles since it was all i had on hand, but you get creative and use whatever pasta you or kids prefer. Try colorful pasta for a fun dinner night!
- Have more fresh veggies in your fridge? Add them for additional flavor and color! Try zucchini, corn, another kind of mushrooms, thinly sliced carrots or fresh snap peas. Use your imagination.
What else to do with chicken breast? I have one more yummy leftover rotisserie chicken recipe for you guys, you will love it! Dont have cooked chicken? Dont, i have a rotisserie chicken recipe just for you.
Rotisserie chicken broccoli alfredo pasta
- 1/3 lb pasta
- 1 chicken breast from rotisserie chicken
- 2 cups broccoli
- 1 cup cream
- 1/3 onion
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese freshly grated
- 1/8 tspn salt
- freshly grated pepper
- 3 medium cremini mushrooms
- Cook pasta according to package directions
- Chop onions and cook them in a large skillet with butter over medium heat until soft, about 3 minutes
- Add sliced mushrooms and broccoli florets and cook for additional 2 minutes.
- Meanwhile slice cooked chicken breast in to small pieces. Add to the pan. Add cream and bring to boil, turn it down to medium and cook for another 3 minutes.
- Turn the heat down and add cheese. Add cooked pasta, mix it and plate, garnishing with chopped green onions and extra parmigiano cheese. Enjoy!
Nutrition information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. This information comes from online calculators.
Originally published December 2017