This easy flavorful sauteed vegetables will make a perfect side dish or a meal itself.
What are best vegetables to saute?
- bell peppers
- greens (chard, kale, spinach)
- any kind of squash
We always have vegetables in our fridge. Especially zucchinis- they make perfect frittatas and fries too! Low calorie and just healthy.
You can make it a wonderful main dish! Just add Italian sausage or ground turkey or beef. Or even some yummy meatballs!
Sauteed vegetables for weight loss
Vegetables in general are much less in calories then meat, which makes this dish a perfect choice for people who are trying to lose weight. This vegetarian dish is also keto. low carb and just delicious!
Great to top your rice bowl or over noodles.
Let me tell you, my kids love it too! You can put it into your kids lunchbox or take to work with you. Its easy to reheat in a microwave too.
Easy sauteed vegetables
- 1/2 onion chopped
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon butter or ghee
- 2 zucchinis sliced
- 1 bell pepper sliced
- 1/2 cup water or veggie broth
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon dry basil
- Heat butter or ghee in the medium size skillet. Add chopped onions and cook over medium heat for 2-3 minutes. Add sliced bell pepper. Add salt, basil and freshly ground pepper. Cook stirring for 2 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and zucchinis, water or vegetable broth, stir and and cook for 7 minutes uncovered.
- Serve as a side dish or double and make it a main course!
Nutrition FactsEasy sauteed vegetables Amount Per Serving Calories 149 Calories from Fat 72 % Daily Value*Fat 8g12%Saturated Fat 4g20%Cholesterol 19mg6%Sodium 24mg1%Potassium 982mg28%Carbohydrates 15g5%Fiber 4g16%Sugar 10g11%Protein 6g12%Vitamin A 2255IU45%Vitamin C 115.1mg140%Calcium 38mg4%Iron 1.5mg8%* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
© 2018 BerryMaple. All rights reserved. All images & content are copyright protected.