This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
Try to make this delicious healthy vegetarian pasta dish for your family on a week night! This butternut squash kale linguine dish is packed with flavor and veggies that your family and friends will love.
Kale become so popular in the last few years, its hard to imagine a healthy diet without it! Kale is high in fiber, low in calories and has zero fat.
Butternut squash is one of the most nutritious and healthiest vegetables you can eat. Its full of vitamins and minerals, as well as antioxidants and lots of fiber.Its very filling but low in calories. And also in combination with linguini it tastes just great!
Butternut squash kale linguine
- 8 oz linguine pasta
- 1 small onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 4 leaves lacinato kale or any other kale
- 1/3 of butternut squash
- handfull of cremini mushrooms
- 1/2 cup roasted bell peppers diced
- cook pasta according to the package directions. strain, add a splash of olive oil and set aside
- remove seeds from butternut squash if needed and peel, cut into little cubes. Clean and cut mushrooms. remove center stems from kale. chop the leaves
- heat some oil in a pan. add onions, garlic. squash, mushrooms and de-stemed rosemary. cook for couple minutes over medium heat until onions are soft.
- add 1/2 cup of water and cover. cook for another 12 min.Add kale and roasted bell peppers. add another 1/2 cup of water and cook for 5 min stirring occasionally. Salt and pepper to taste
- transfer linguine to the veggie pan. simmer for couple minutes
- plate your dish. Enjoy!