This post may contain affiliate links.
Authentic British comfort food- delicious bangers and mash! Super easy to make and always a crowd pleaser. Kids favorite st.Patrick’s dish
Oh it sounds so good! Buttery mashed potatoes drizzled with flavorful beef onion gravy with garlic sausage on top. YUM!
I tried it first in British pub and instantly fell in love with this dish. A pint of beer makes it even better!
Get ready to make best bangers and mash in the comfort of your own home.
How to make perfect mashed potatoes
Honestly mashed potatoes is not the most complicated dish to make, but there is still a few tricks to make it even better:
- Mash it while its hot.
- Try to use hot milk instead of cold. It will help to keep your potatoes at the right temperature.
- Use butter, lots of butter
- For the best creaminess use cream instead of milk
- Dont overcook potatoes. At first it sound like not a big deal, but in fact they will end up absorbing too much water and the consistency of the mash will not be the same.
What sausage to choose.
I use Irish garlic sausage that perfectly fit in to this recipe. I would avoid cheap chicken brats. Get pork or beef sausage that available at your grocery store. Anyways, with the gravy everything will taste heavenly!
Making it for st.Patrick’s day dinner? Also consider this
- Easy Colcannon
- Corned beef hash with eggs
- Air fryer Corned Beef
- Guinness stew
- Pressure cooker corned beef and cabbage
Bangers and mash
- 4 sausages
- 4 large russet potatoes
- 2 tbspn butter
- 1 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1/3 cup milk
- 2 tablespoon flour
- 1/2 large onion thinly sliced
- First make mashed potatoes. Boil water in a large pot. Peel and cut potatoes in quarters and place in the pot. Cook until soft. Drain the water. Add milk and butter 1 tablespoon of butter. Mash. Add more milk if needed.
- Heat 1/2 tablespoon of butter in the pan and olive oil. Add 1/2 cup of beef broth. Add sausages and brown them on both side, cook until done, about 7 minutes.
- Take sausages out and add more butter into the pan. Add sliced onions. Cook until fragrant, about 5 minutes. Add flour and mix very well. Add leftover broth, stir and let cook over low heat for a little, until thickened. Add sausages and cook for another 2 minutes.
Nutrition information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. This information comes from online calculators.