The best way to use that leftover corned beef from st.Patrick’s day. Easy and quick breakfast corned beef hash will be everybody’s favorite!
This must be the easiest way to use your leftover corned beef to actually feed the crowd. All you will need is extra potatoes and onions. I used green onions to garnish the dish and for the extra crunch.
A great addition to your breakfast dish will be egg cracked on top (or two). Just make a little nest or empty the space in the pan for it. Do you like your yolk whole or drizzling? Oh my, i love it both ways.
Actually my absolutely favorite way to cook this recipe is to make potatoes and beef crispy and well coated with butter and my yolk runny all over it. Then i mix it all up in the bowl, add hot sauce and YUM!
You can make this dish any time of the year. Corned beef is available in grocery stores year around. Or the easiest way to get it to go to a canned food isle and get yourself already cooked corned beef in the can. Probably the easiest way.
What else can you make with leftover corned beef? Paninis, wraps, sandwiches or even tacos!
Leftovers even for a leftover dish may happen. In this case, just reheat it in the microwave, removing the egg before. Or the easiest way is just to warm it up right in the pan. You can always can crack another egg and mix it all up or cook it sunnt side again.
Poached egg is another great option for your hash. Just place it on top and cut in the middle. All the yolk will come out and create that yumminess. Use bread to clean your plate from the egg and juices! Thats my go to way.
More Corned beef recipes on my blog
Breakfast is the most important part of the day and i hope this recipe will make your day better and you happier.
Corned beef hash
- 1/3 onion
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 small russet potatoes
- 1 cup chopped corned beef
- 2 eggs
- green onions for garnish
- salt and pepper
- Heat butter and olive oil in the skillet. Chop the onion. Peel and chop (in little cubes) potatoe. Thraw vegetables into the skillet and cook on low for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add chopped corned beef and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Create two nests in the pan for eggs and crack the eggs into those empty spaces. Sprinckle everything with salt and pepper to taste. Cook on low until the eggs are done your way. For sunny side eggs it will only take a few minutes. You can cover the skillet with the lid for quicker cooking.
- Your dish is done! Sprincle come chopped green onions on top and enjoy!
Nutrition information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. This information comes from online calculators.