Lovely homemade air fryer french fries, that you can make from fresh or frozen potatoes! Crunchy, easy and healthy! Totally kid friendly side dish and great for a group of friends or a party! Weight watchers 7 points.
Who doesn’t like french fries?
We don’t eat in fast food places, but still want to get those crispy yummy fries sometimes, without grease, extra oil and all those nasty things that they put in there.
Air fryer to the rescue! Make perfect homemade crispy potato fries or wedges at your home in less then 30 minutes!
How do you cook frozen french fries in the air fryer?
Step1. The cooking method is pretty much the same as for non frozen fries. Get a bag of frozen french fries
Step2. Dump then in to a preheated to 400F and sprayed with olive oil spray air fryer basket.
Step3. Cook for about 20 minutes, shaking through the process couple times
How to make homemade frozen french fries for air fryer or oven.
If you prefer everything to be homemade and from scratch, like me, just peel a bunch of potatoes, cut them the way you like and freeze.
Freeze fries in layers, so they don’t stick together. Once all frozen, you can dump them all in one bag.
I like to make my own frozen fries and then keep them in a big ziplock bag in my garage chest freezer.
Make sure to close it well to prevent it from soaking freezer smell.
Well, let me tell you, air fryer is so good for making french fries! Almost mess free and when i cook it with my kids, it entertains them a lot and i am not scared that they can get a burn, like it happens with the oven.
Best potatoes for air fryer french fries
- Yukon gold
- Idaho Russet
- Fingerling potatoes
- Red bliss potatoes
More air fryer recipes readers love!
- Air fryer fried Oreos
- Air fryer sweet potato fries (fresh or frozen)
- Air fryer breakfast frittata
- Best Air fryer Steak —-with a step by step video!
- Air fryer hard boiled eggs
- Air Fryer loaded baked potato
- Air fryer meatballs (fresh or frozen)
I also have a gallery of air fryer side dish recipes, that is constantly updated with new recipes! Check it out!
Crunchy air fryer french fires ( fresh or frozen)
- 2 russet potatoes gold potatoes will work as well
- 1 tbspn olive oil
- 1/4 tspn salt
- Cut potatoes in wedges or as french fries. Preheat air fryer to 400F
- Put potatoes into the bowl, add oil and salt. add desired spices if you want.Mix well.
- Add potatoes to the air fryer basket and cook for 20 minutes. Shake few times during cooking.