This post may contain affiliate links.
In this post you will learn how to cook corn on the cob right in the husk. Super easy Instant pot or Ninja Foodi recipe (or any other pressure cooker) and the corn is ready in less then 5 minutes. Peels easy!
This method of cooking corn is so easy and rewarding. Dont waste time cleaning your corn, cook it in husk and save time. Corn will peel easily once pressure cooked.
Our favorite summer BBQ side dish is corn on the cob. No matter how we cook it, its always delicious. But what if i don’t want to make a mess preparing the corn for grill but simply can pressure cook it in my Instant Pot or Ninja Foodi?
How to cook corn in husk
This recipe is so easy guys, there is no preparation required. I dont touch the corn with knife at all. All i do is remove any dry leaves if i see them.
I am using a trivet each time i make this recipe. It helps corn to stay away from the water and we end up with steamed corn instead of boiled. Thats how we like it.
Cooking time varies. I usually set my pressure cooker to 4 minutes on high pressure to make sure the corn is cooked all the way through. If you are using small ears, i would go with 3 minutes.
Tips and tricks for juicy corn
- Always try to get the freshest corn possible. Its not a problem if its summer and you have farmers markets nearby. In our area when in season they go for 25 cents each. Good deal!
- You can cook many ears of corn at the same time. 8 probably will be maximum for a 8 qt Instant Pot and 6 for a 6.5 qt Ninja Foodi. Stack them together and add a cup of water more for each group of three.
- Instead of water try to use milk (adds extra flavor). It will foam and leave a film on your corn but it doesn’t matter. The husk will collect all the white film.
Instant pot corn on the cob with husk
- 3 ears of corn with husk on
- 1 cup water
- Place corn in the trivet inside the instant pot. Add water to the bottom of the inner pot.
- Close and lock the lid. Cook on high pressure for 4 minutes. Quick release. Let cool and peel.
Tools used in this recipe
Nutrition information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. This information comes from online calculators.