Lovely soft inside and crunchy outside, this air fryer avocado fries will blow your mind!
Air fryer avocado fries
You can tell i like healthy snacks. They are absolutely kids friendly ( for me its very important since i cook for my kids at least twice a day and they dont eat junk food) and good for you.
Avocado is an everyday guest in our kitchen. We eat it for breakfast with eggs or on pancakes, we eat it with tacos for lunch and with soup for dinner.
Before i got an air fryer, we didnt eat avocados as a snack ( i am talking about my kids here, because i like to eat avocado with just a spoon, scooping it out).
How to make avocado fries
- Use bright spotless avocados. To make sure the avocado is ripe but not overripe, take the little stem of and check the color, if its green, its good to go, if brown- ts way to ripe for this recipe!
- Cut it in pretty big slices so they dont fall apart during the cooking process
- Mix an egg in one bowl and panko in another.
- Dip avocado slices into all of this bowls one by one and then place into the air fryer ( preheated to 400 degrees)
- Cook for about 8-10 minutes, turning half way through.
- The wedges are done when the coating is lightly brown
You can it this avocado fries just like this. Or you can dip them into your favorite sauce!
I used spicy aioli but you can just use bbq sauce or even sour cream.
Make sure to check on this Must Have Air Fryer Accessories list!
Thank you for reading and trying my recipes. Your opinion is very important to me!
Please leave a comment below if you made this dish! Also tag me and follow on INSTAGRAM at @myberrymaple .
- 1 avocado
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Get a ripe but firm avocado. Cut in half and remove the pit. Cut avocado into wedges.
Bit the egg with salt in one bowl. Add panko into another bowl.
Dip wedges into the egg mixture, and then in to the panko crumbs.
Place wedges into preheated to 400F air fryer in a single layer for 8-10 minutes. Shake half way through.
They are done when lightly brown.
Nutrition FactsAir fryer avocado fries
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 153
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 17g
Saturated Fat 3g
Total Carbohydrates 19g
Dietary Fiber 7g
9.2%* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.