Hearty, meaty and just simply delicious Caldo de Res in Instant Pot will warm your body and soul. Mexican beef soup ( SOPA DE RES) in your pressure cooker!
For Weight watchers: myWW green plan 5 points,myWW blue plan 4 points,myWW purple plan 2 points per serving.
Instant Pot is perfect for all kind of soups you could ever think of, its so easy to just dump all the ingredients into one pot, push start and enjoy your dinner in less then an hour!
My kids love its meaty flavor and I love how easy is it to make it now, in pressure cooker. No more 4 hour soup cooking sessions here! Caldo de Res in Instant pot is a delicious soup that will not disappoint you! Try it! 🙂
For true instant pot lovers- MUST HAVE INSTANT POT ACCESSORIES
More instant pot recipes readers love!
- Instant Pot Fettuccine Alfredo pasta-dump and start recipe!
- Beef and vegetable soup in Instant Pot-my most popular instant pot post!
- Instant pot pork roast and potatoes
- Instant Pot turkey legs with gravy
- Instant pot pork ragu
- Instant Pot infused water recipes
Caldo de Res in Instant Pot
- 2 lb beef shanks
- 1/2 onion
- 1 chayote
- 2 zucchinis
- 1/2 medium cabbage cut into chunks
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 potatoes
- 2 carrots cut into big chunks
- 3 corn cut into 3 pieces each
- 1 tomato
- salt and pepper
- Wash beef shanks and place into your instant pot. Add sliced onions and bay leaf. add 8-10 cups of water. Lock the lid and put IP to high pressure for 40 minutes. Nature release to avoid foam splashing.
- Open lid and add chopped potatoes, sliced chayote and zucchinis, carrots, corn, cabbage and sliced tomatoes. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Lock the lid and push high pressure setting for 4 minutes. Quick release.
- Serve with chopped cilantro and quartered lime.