This post may contain affiliate links.
Hearty, meaty and just simply delicious Caldo de Res in Instant Pot will warm your body and soul. Mexican beef soup ( SOPA DE RES) in your pressure cooker!
For Weight watchers: myWW green plan 5 points,myWW blue plan 4 points,myWW purple plan 2 points per serving.
Instant Pot is perfect for all kind of soups you could ever think of, its so easy to just dump all the ingredients into one pot, push start and enjoy your dinner in less then an hour!
Also try Caldo de Res recipe for the stove! Super easy and very delicious. Oh, and i also have Caldo de Pollo recipe on my blog. You can tell i just love soups!
My kids love its meaty flavor and I love how easy is it to make it now, in pressure cooker. No more 4 hour soup cooking sessions here! Caldo de Res in Instant pot is a delicious soup that will not disappoint you! Try it! 🙂
For true instant pot lovers- MUST HAVE INSTANT POT ACCESSORIES
More instant pot recipes readers love!
- Instant Pot Fettuccine Alfredo pasta-dump and start recipe!
- Beef and vegetable soup in Instant Pot-my most popular instant pot post!
- Instant pot pork roast and potatoes
- Instant Pot turkey legs with gravy
- Instant pot pork ragu
- Instant Pot infused water recipes
I have a nice collection of the best instant pot recipes for kids , my kids love it so yours will too! Well, if it not enough, here is the full instant pot recipes collection on my site.
More Mexican soups: Caldo de Pollo, Caldo de res
Caldo de Res in Instant Pot
- 2 lb beef shanks
- 1/2 onion
- 1 chayote
- 2 zucchinis
- 1/2 medium cabbage cut into chunks
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 potatoes
- 2 carrots cut into big chunks
- 3 corn cut into 3 pieces each
- 1 tomato
- salt and pepper
- Wash beef shanks and place into your instant pot. Add sliced onions and bay leaf. add 8-10 cups of water. Lock the lid and put IP to high pressure for 40 minutes. Nature release to avoid foam splashing.
- Open lid and add chopped potatoes, sliced chayote and zucchinis, carrots, corn, cabbage and sliced tomatoes. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Lock the lid and push high pressure setting for 4 minutes. Quick release.
- Serve with chopped cilantro and quartered lime.
Tools used in this recipe
Nutrition information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. This information comes from online calculators.
Thursday 10th of November 2022
I made this last night! I had always been too intimidated to attempt caldo de res but the recipe was easy to follow and actually a pretty simple process. Taste was great. Thank you!
Tuesday 24th of November 2020
I have two questions.
1. I have the 6 quart Instant Pot too. Do you think 8 cups of water would be ok-or should I do 6?
2. I'm used to a more tomato-ey caldo de res than the picture shows. Most of the caldo de res I've had had actually had red broth. Would you advise adding maybe adding a can of stewed tomatoes?
Monday 13th of April 2020
Can you use beef chuck roast ?
Monday 13th of April 2020
Meat with the bone will make your soup more rich, but if you don't have it chuck roast will work. I probably would jut add a bit more of it.
Sunday 8th of December 2019
Multi-generational latino and multi-ethnic family unanimous approval for the results from this Instant Pot recipe. I followed the ingredients and cook time. Thank you.
Sunday 13th of October 2019
none of these reviews are Actually about how good or bad the soup is. Did anyone who commented actually make it or just admire the recipe and it’s ingredients