Easy weekday dinner for the whole family. Affordable ingredients and a lot of flavor- try this Instant pot pork roast and potatoes.
I made this dish on a busy weekday evening, when i got home with my little kids and didn’t have anything ready yet for dinner.
I had boneless pork ribs from Costco, that i didn’t freeze yet and a bag of potatoes. Perfect ingredients for an easy weeknight instant pot kid friendly meal!
If you prefer, you can add different kind of spices in to this dish, but i went with Poppy’s seasoning.
Best potatoes to be used here are golden potatoes, but any other kind will work well too.
Do you like corn? My kids love to eat everything with corn! If you are able to add fresh one- go for it!
Canned will be delicious here too. I used frozen white sweet corn, because i had it in the freezer and i know it was flesh frozen to keep all the vitamins inside.
Cooking for kids is not easy, but IP is the you best helper! Try this Instant Pot chicken and rice pilaf, very kid friendly and easy to make.
Just look at this gorgeous plate! So comforting, so aromatic, so delicious and oh so easy! Very affordable too.
How to cook pork roast in instant pot.
- Get a nice piece of pork shoulder
- Rub with your favorite spices, freshly ground black pepper and pink salt
- Add 1 cup of water
- Cook in Instant Pot on manual for 40 minutes. Quick release
- Shred the meat if preferred or just cut in medium size chunks
Hope you will enjoy this recipe! Please let me know in comments if you cooked it!
More instant pot recipes readers love!
- Beef and vegetable soup in Instant Pot
- Fantastic Instant Pot infused water recipes
- Instant Pot Fettuccine Alfredo pasta-dump and start recipe!
- Instant pot pork ragu
- Instant Pot Weight watchers recipes– flavorful instant pot dishes with smart points calculated!
- Instant Pot turkey legs with gravy
- Instant pot pork tacos– every party favorite!
- Instant pot chicken lo mein noodles
- Instant Pot beef pot roast with potatoes
My kids love this instant pot kid friendly recipes, so yours will too!
Instant Pot pork roast and potatoes
- 1 lb pork shoulder (or pork boneless ribs)
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon Pappy's seasoning (use tacko seasoning if prefer)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- freshly ground pepper
- 5 medium size potatoes
- 1 cup corn (froezn, canned or fresh)
- Place pork shoulder in to your Instant Pot. Add water, seasoning, salt and pepper.
- Close and lock the lid. Set timer to 40 minutes manual. Quick release once done.
- Meanwhile peel potatoes and slice them( not too thin).
- Open the lid and shred the pork (i like to leave big chunks but its up to you). Add potatoes and corn and mix together. Close and lock the lid. Set manual for 4 minutes . Quick release.
- Serve with some chopped green onions on top