This post may contain affiliate links.
What a great way to enjoy the fish, on a stick or a skewer! Try this delicious meaty air fryer swordfish kebabs for your next party or a family dinner. Great to take to work or school. Ready in 10 minutes!
Kebabs are so easy to make and they look amazing on the party plate. Usually you need just a few ingredients and 10 minutes of your time
Is swordfish good for you
Swordfish is very high in protein, Omega 3 and Zinc. Limit your intake to once per week though because of a high mercury content. The fish is low in calories and perfect for a lunch or dinner with the salad or citrus salsa.
Where to buy
You can find frozen swordfish in almost every grocery store in the freezer section. Walmart and Safemart has it.
If interested in fresh fish, try online fish markets or local fish stores.
Swordfish is usually sold in vacuum sealed packs. Steaks are 1 inch thick and considered 1 portion. In this recipe i also used just 1 steak with lots of vegetables.
How to cook air fryer swordfish kebabs
I don’t like to overpower the flavor of the fish so i didn’t use any marinade in the recipe. I just sprinkled it with some pink salt and black pepper and it was enough for me. Don’t overcook the fish or it will become dry.
- Soak wooden skewers. It will help prevent them from burning while cooking.
- Cut fish and veggies in chunks and thread on skewers. Simply season with salt and pepper. Add your favorite seasonings if you like to.
- Air fry for about 10 minutes. Don’t overcrowd the air fryer basket.
I like to enjoy fish kebabs with some hot sauce and dip them in aioli.
Can i use other vegetables
Yes! Use what you like most. I think cherry tomatoes will be delicious and flavorful here. Eggplant and mushrooms too! Use any veggies you like and want pair with the fish.
I think adding onions to kebabs is essential because they give that extra flavor and aroma. I love it!
More air fryer recipes
- Air fryer dungeness crab legs
- Air fryer Cornish hen
- Air fryer grilled cheese
- Turkey in air fryer
- Air fryer Oreos
Air fryer swordfish kebabs
- 1 swordfish steak
- 1 zucchini
- 1 bell pepper
- 1 onion
- 1 lemon
- Soak wooden skewers in the water for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile cut fish in bite size chunks. Chop bell peppers, onion and zucchini the same size.
- Thread all the ingredients on skewers and season kebabs with salt and pepper.
- Thinly slice lemon and place on the bottom of your air fryer basket. Place kebabs on top of lemon slices. Cook in air fryer for 10 minutes at 375 degrees.
- Lemon slices are used to prevent kebabs from sticking to the basket. Also it gives extra lemony flavor to the fish.
- Do not overcook. Fish will become dry and tough if overcooked
- Try to make this recipe with other vegetables too! Try cherry tomatoes, mushrooms or eggplant.
Tools used in this recipe
Nutrition information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. This information comes from online calculators.