Easy recipe for a soft chewy pumpkin spice cookies, perfect for breakfast or a snack.
This post is for an easy peasy pumpkin spice cookies that are soft, chewy and covered with delicious sweet sugar glaze.
Pumpkins are easy to find, especially canned. It is sold in every store in fall. If you will decide to go fresh pumpkin puree route, its is easy to make to. Just bake pumpkin and puree it.
Tips for making chewy pumpkin cookies
Tip 1. Dont overbake them. You want them to be very soft to the touch when still on the baking cookies sheet. They will get a bit harder when cooled.
Tip 2. For this recipe i would not use a pumpkin pie filling. It watered down and cookies will never be consistency you want. I like to use canned pumpkin for my cookies, its usually made just with pure pumpkin puree without any extra ingredients.
What else can i make with pumpkin?
- Moist pumpkin bread very moist and delicious pumpkin bread with chocolate chips
- Pumpkin chocolate chips muffins the best fall breakfast for adult and kids
- Easy pumpkin pancakes breakfast favorite!
- Best pumpkin pie Classic Thanksgiving dessert!
- Vegetarian pumpkin soup the best on a cold rainy day
- Pumpkin waffles Delicious breakfast
Chewy pumpkin cookies
For pumpkin cookies
- 1 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon soda
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin spice mix
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/4 cup pumpkin
- 1 egg
For the icing
- 1 cup confection sugar
- 2 tablespoon milk
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix all the cookies ingredients in a medium size mixing bowl. Using a cookie scoop or a tablespoon , scoop the dough on to the cookie sheet.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes. Once done, let them cool a little and transfer to a cooling rack.
- Meanwhile make a glaze. Mix all the icing ingredients and pour over cookies. Or make a pretty pattern.