Quick, easy dump and start instant pot beef pot roast with potatoes recipe is our new weeknight favorite meal.
Pot roast with potatoes is such a warming, comforting dish. Its great for busy weekday nights as well as a weekend family dinner. You cant go wrong really with this recipe and i guarantee you everybody in your family will love it.
Easy Instant pot beef pot roast recipe
It only take 4 easy affordable ingredients to make this recipe. I didn’t use any carrots this time, but you sure can if you like to. So what in the pot?
- Beef chuck or round roast
- small potatoes
- tomato paste
- condensed onion or mushroom soup
I don’t usually cook with condensed soups, but it works perfectly with this recipe. If you want a quick dinner fix for the family but you are out of fresh herbs, this is the way to go. Just dump the soup in to your instant pot along with tomato paste, cut meat in cubes for faster cooking and place on top. Add whole washed with the skin on potatoes and close the lid. Oh i love dump and start recipes!
What kind of beef is best for pot roast
Chuck or Round roast is traditionally and widely used for a pot roast. Its inexpensive and you usually can get a good deal when buying in bulk. when this cut of meat is cooked for a long time, or short time under pressure, like in this recipe, it becomes very tender and flavorful. You can also go with a more expensive cut, brisket. Cut it against the grain and give it a try.
More Instant Pot recipes readers love!
- Beef and vegetable soup in Instant Pot
- Instant Pot collard greens with bacon
- Instant Pot turkey legs with gravy
- Instant Pot Fettuccine Alfredo pasta
- Quick and easy Instant Pot beef stroganoff
- The best Instant pot pork tacos
Need more recipes? Check my instant pot recipes index , with 50+ recipes i guarantee you will find what you are looking for!
Quick easy instant pot pot roast and potatoes
- Pressure cooker
- 2 1/2 lb beef chuck or round roast
- 3 lb small potatoes
- 2 tbspn tomato paste
- 1 can condensed onion or mushroom soup 10,5 oz
- Add tomato paste and canned soup into your pot. Mix. Add cubed beef on top of the mixture and then add washed unpeeled potatoes on top. Close an lock the lid of your pressure cooker.
- Set it on manual to HIGH PRESSURE for 40 minutes. Once cooked, Quick release and carefully open the lid.
- Scoop meat and potatoes into the plate and serve.